Re:kite leash

  • Kite Power (Sans Souci)
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15, 2005
      G'day Homer
      The system you have is fine, especially if you are still new to the sport.
      All kites in my school are fitted with wrist leashes. If you are still
      learning and flying the kite not hooked into a harness, then it is safer to
      just have a wrist leash because if you get into trouble you can just let go
      of the bar and the kite will depower.
      In really powered up conditions it can be a bit more of a hassle to
      re-launch with a wrist leash, but on most occassions when you use the leash
      on a 4 line kite the lines will tangle anyway, and you will have to self
      rescue, so not a huge advantage either way in reality.

      If you are beyond that just starting out stage, then you can easily fit the
      leash to your harness. If you buy the Naish trims trap and leash pack, you
      can easily convert the 2002 Cabrinha bar. You can also use components from
      Slingshot, Best, Ozone, etc, any decent kite shop will carry a range of
      leash components.

      Make sure you test whatever you rig up, before you let loose on the water in
      stronger winds!

      Cya and

      Goodwinds

      Steve McCormack