Re: cabrinha 2002 upgrade???

  • ex_cpe
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2005
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Homer Robbins" <tommybonfire@y...> wrote:
      > I am brand new to this sport...(still flying a wasp 1, lessons coming
      > in June on South Padre Island)...I bought, on a kiteboardindng board a
      > 2002 Cabrinha CO2 12M Kite with lines, bar, etc.

      ........you got a great kite. it's as if you bought a new Best Yarga. The Cabbys have always
      made great kit. If you've been kiting for four years you may notice the difference and
      appreciate the advances in 05 kites - but this is the perfect way to get started. Depending
      on your weight a 12 is also the best starter-kite because it's the middle size for most
      adults. When you're ready - depending on your size/local winds - a 12 should be the
      finest kite in your quiver.

      I'm selling a 12 Black Tip (slightly higher aspect than C02) for $250. Same concept: the
      perfect kite for a newbie to flog and trash, so they have some $$ left to buy some good
      stuff a year later. (wetstuff.com ..under 'kite ideas')

      I know the instructors may say what the @#$% were you doing...but that is what I
      > have done...

      .........only if they were like a car dealer who wanted to both teach you to drive and sell you
      a car at the same time.

      I have read that the 2003 Cabrinha system is better/safer than the 2002...should I try to
      update my kite

      ..........and the 2003 ford Explorer has two additional airbags vs. the 2002 - BUT WAIT, the
      2004 has two more and the chassis is 40% stiffer! Just make sure someone who knows
      the setup lays the lines out properly and that you have a functional lease that you test
      once a session. (it also helps you learn an in-water relaunch). Pick a bunch of days with
      about 12kts - a clear area with waist deep water and LEARN THE POWER.

      And, don't do anything without someone around to watch/help you at this stage.

      Jim