Re: [ksurf] Convince me NOT to use a board leash??

  • CCKiteboarder@hotpop.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2005
      If you use a leash your board will almost always be directly upwind of your head. I have a nice
      paint mark on my helmet from when a wind gust turned my board into a missile. I figure if I get
      knocked out in the water I'm probably dead. I'd prefer to avoid that. I only use a leash if I'm in a
      spot without a friendly beach downwind - hardly ever. My rule is if I use a board leash I definitely
      wear a helmt too.

      Just my 2 cents

      Steve
      Carson City, NV USA