slingshot spreader bar

  • ScubaTony
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2005
      I bought a slingshot surefire spreader bar about 2 months ago. It
      has been on the water about 15 times and yester day it broke. It was very
      windy (25-30 knts) and I was on my Best 9m kite. The failure point was one
      I had heard of before. There is a small pin which acts as a hinge point on
      the chicken loop hook. The pin sheared off which left me unhooked, way off
      shore and without my board. Luckily another kiter retrieved my board and I
      had a long, long body drag to shore.
      Anyone else have this happen to them? Anyone get the thing
      replaced. Seems like it is a defect in this model. Did they upgrade the
      pin in future models?