Re: [ksurf] Kites Banned from Speed Sailing ratification

  • georgeiw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 12, 2005
      Dave,
      I hear that my MIT friends had a good time land flying one of your kites.
      Sounds like lots of fun. Every time I mention your kites on the Oracle America's
      Cup boat the first thing that people ask is "Are they legal?". I always
      respond" who cares, the important question is "do they work". I am sure that the
      first spinnaker was not legal but worked well. The old guard probably moaned
      and groaned a bit and then they went sailing with one and thought it was good.

      Break the speed record... and then worry about the whiners.

      Good luck,
      George

    • Hung Vu
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 12, 2005
        georgeiw@... wrote:

        >Break the speed record... and then worry about the whiners.

        George has a very STRONG point here.

        I remember when I first learned kitesurfing at Cabarete during Christmas
        1998 ( Cabarete was then the windsurfing paradise and Kite Beach was
        "nothing" ) . I was for the most part by myself (and Jan dropped by
        once a while from Santo Domingo), many whiners were whinning what I, as
        a windsurfer, was fooling around while windsurfing was the best things
        happening at Cabarete. They stopped whining after seeing me going
        pretty good and look at Cabarete now: most if not all of the exciting
        actions were at Kite Beach...

        So just show the whiners what we can do...

        Hung.
      • CCKiteboarder@hotpop.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 12, 2005
          Agreed