Re: [ksurf] Which wind meter & impact vest?And Helmet

  • georgeiw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2005
      Alex,

      Having a wind meter helps to figure out which kite to use. It is also good
      to look at trees and local flags to see how they compare to the meter.
      So the leaves moving means 6 knots
      The branches moving means 12
      The entire tree means 25
      Each place and type of trees are different.
      Big flags move slower than smaller ones.

      Onto the helmet. You do need one if you plan to wear a leash!!!. You need
      one anyway. You need an impact vest for the same reasons. Your board will hit
      you and a crash as you crash your kite will take your breath away.

      The retractable leash or not does not matter so much.
      George
      My vest has a pocket where I keep a knife, screw driver, and a piece of rope
      to wrap up my kite or use as a temporary chicken loop.