Which wind meter & impact vest?

  • Al
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2005
      I'm about to go and buy a few things -
      1 - wind meter
      2 - impact vest (maybe - do I need one?
      3 - helmet (maybe - do I need one?
      4 - kite knife
      5 - spring wound leash sytme thing (maybe - do I need one?

      Any one got any strong views on which brands/types to go for? And
      what I should be looking for. I've just progressed on to the board
      and spent Saturday with it unleashed as I have no impact/helmet so
      most of my time was messing chasing around in the surf trying to
      retrieve it!

      (I'm in Sydney)
      _________________
      Lx

      http://waitingforthewind.blogspot.com
      (A tale of near-death experience & disappointment)
    • Iain Wood
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2005
        On 6 Mar 2005, at 21:52, Al wrote:

        > I'm about to go and buy a few things -
        > 1 - wind meter

        The ones with the vertical axis spinning bit are easiest to use. You
        don't need to line it up with the wind direction. However they are
        usually bigger and more expensive...

        Iain