Re: one design[ksurf] Re: What next for kite?

  • HUSNU BAYLAV
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2005
      Hey Dave,
      You are right.even barefoot kiteboarding has started,i remember the development of wsurfing on 80s for speed we were using the needles and when the volume of the board was getting les we were loading more sqmeter to our harness,and about bigger fins you are right but maybe it will not be bigger finns it will be wider finns eliminating the volume of the boards llike on the three foilers.
      BUT we have to figure out one design that will come soon as a race.Everyone on the same board and same kite where you will be able to tune your kite when you are racing like we were doing with clam cleets on the onedesign windsurfing.
      wsurf originated riders can remember of the cutaway sails which was loosing the power automaticly when there was more air on the surface area of the sail then needed.
      Airinside technologie will be used to produce kiteboards.You can check from suisse company
      www.airinside.com
      i am working on a new board concept which i already registered.That is also a new consept.i am working on inflatable board to let people to carry everything you use to be in the same bag.-wets-kites-bar-board and an electrical pump.
      one design,onebag for all.
      Cheers Husnu.
      www.kitesurfbeach.com
      info@...

      dave@... wrote:

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Hung Vu wrote:
      > So what's next for kite:
      > - Lower prices ?
      > - Custom kites ?
      > - Fashsion kites ?
      > - Speciality kites (speed, high jump, low jump & tricks, wave,
      > school, etc.)

      IMO, windward performance. Both in the kite and in the boards. Sooner or later, all sailors
      learn to enjoy racing. There is little racing in kitesurfing today, but this will increase as
      riders "max out" their capability with tricks, etc.

      First there will be slalom racing (already beginning) and then there will be round-the-
      buoys racing, which vastly encourages the ability to sail directly upwind, via tacking.

      Look for specialized kites with less brute pull and more lift/drag. Expect longer, floatier
      boards with deeper fins, to get directly to windward. This will be a specialized sub-
      category at first, but will grow (6-10 years from now) to be the dominant kitesurfing
      activity. Oh, and these are the kitesurf kites/boards which will take the outright speed
      record--recognized or not!

      This follows the same course windsurfing took; also kite buggying, multihull sailboats and
      so many others.

      My 2�...

      Dave Culp

      to the most frequently asked questions.