Re: [ksurf] Rigging help needed! Kite and line rigging input!

  • OneWithWind@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
      In a message dated 2/28/2005 10:59:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      fueltanksrule@... writes:

      After verifying that all of my line lenghts are identical, with all
      lines connected to a parking meter I hook in. With the forward lines
      completely sheeted out or powered up. What position should my bar be
      within its length of travel along the chickin loop line? All the way
      aft? Mid point? All the way forward???

      I've always set mine up with the bar all the way back and trim on my center
      line pulled in about an inch. With a relatively new kite and all the
      attachment places on your kite on the same knot, this should be about right. What
      the kite wants to see as far as line tension to be the most powered (front to
      back) changes from kite to kite. My old 11.8 wipika grunted along with
      slightly more tension on the back lines. However, my newer slingshot 17 likes to
      fly most powered with the tension more equal.
      Hope this helps.
      PEACE&WINDS
      Onewithwind

    • suntrax
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
        Hi Fueltank.

        I believe you have a perfect STARTING point right now - after 6 years of
        selling and flying Naish kites your current setting is exactly what we
        recommend, with all the lines just tensioned and with the adjustment
        strap(above the bar) set an maximum power i.e. on full length.
        My main concern is that you mention in the second paragraph 'fully powered',
        when your bar is 2" from the aft stop which would suggest the bar is in the
        depowered position i.e sheeted out. - if this is so then that is correct -
        fully powered would be sheeted in.
        My only other concern is your depower line (chicken loop line) length, this
        should have a TRAVEL of around 8 - 8.5 inches, maybe adjust the bowline knot
        to this setting.
        Otherwise I believe you are right on the money.

        Best regards

        Brian

        (========o]></

        ./`\/````````\-/\.....