Re: are best kites ok?

  • ex_cpe
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2005
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, sergiom975 <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > as before, are best kites ok, anyone read reviews or own one??thanks

      Sergio: There's lots I do not like about Best, but it's not about their kites. Fortunately
      they farmed out the design work to Peter Stuwei (sp?) and Big Eric in Cabarate...and then
      like most; did the sewing in China. They seem to be about one season behind in the
      basics and two or more behind any new concepts - certainly presenting no problem for
      the general kiter.

      For the price: $500. for an 11M and $250. for an 18 - it was nutty not to buy one! If I had
      to pay any more - and I have - I prefer a branded kite like: North, Takoon, Windwing,
      Naish, F-One, Slingy, Cabby, Flexi, Airush, Gaastra, Wipi, RRD, Ocean Rodeo, Caution,
      FlySurfer, Ozone or PL. ...the order is random memory, but I'm still partial to el Nortes.

      Jim