Re: [ksurf] are best kites ok?

  • Hannes Leeb
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 16, 2005
      I got three Yarga's, and I'm very happy with them :)
      I'm a beginner, but I've seen a couple of more
      experienced guys using Best kites, too.

      If you use google to search for "best kite review nemesis",
      you get, among others, the following:

      http://www.kite-surf.com/userreviews/show_review.php?Ratings_Index=1675
      http://www.ikiteboarding.com/article_detail.aspx?id=115
      http://www.kitemare.com/best%20kites.htm
      http://www.anabatic.co.nz/kitetech/index.php?id=best-nemesis-04.html

      h.

      --
      Hannes Leeb Department of Statistics, Yale University
      mail: hannes.leeb@... www: www.stat.yale.edu/~hl284
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 16, 2005
        Actually, you should go to:

        http://www.kite-surf.com/userreviews/index.php?kid=1&company_id=49

        for all Best kite reviews (scroll down to the 2004 kite).

        Robin
        www.kite-surf.com - Kite and Kiteboard Reviews

        --
        Hannes Leeb Department of Statistics, Yale University
        mail: hannes.leeb@... www: www.stat.yale.edu/~hl284
        24 Hillhouse Av., New Haven, CT 06511 +1 (203) 432-0639

        to the most frequently asked questions.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • ex_cpe
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17, 2005
          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, sergiom975 <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > as before, are best kites ok, anyone read reviews or own one??thanks

          Sergio: There's lots I do not like about Best, but it's not about their kites. Fortunately
          they farmed out the design work to Peter Stuwei (sp?) and Big Eric in Cabarate...and then
          like most; did the sewing in China. They seem to be about one season behind in the
          basics and two or more behind any new concepts - certainly presenting no problem for
          the general kiter.

          For the price: $500. for an 11M and $250. for an 18 - it was nutty not to buy one! If I had
          to pay any more - and I have - I prefer a branded kite like: North, Takoon, Windwing,
          Naish, F-One, Slingy, Cabby, Flexi, Airush, Gaastra, Wipi, RRD, Ocean Rodeo, Caution,
          FlySurfer, Ozone or PL. ...the order is random memory, but I'm still partial to el Nortes.

          Jim