Re: [ksurf] Re: Twinskins, has anyone tried the Vio Kites from Japan

  • Michael Conroy
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 10, 2005
      George,

      I'm intrested in your Ozone Frenzy, but you may
      convince me on the Vio. I currently have a Windwing
      440 Sky Foil its a 2 line kite with a 3rd brake line
      but it has no depower like my LEI for Kitesurfing. I
      want to get a similar set up with the ability to sheet
      out like the Ozone Frenzy for the landboard that I
      have. I just don't want to shell out the cash for the
      Frenzy 5 or 7 what do you have avaiable.

      Mike

      --- "rudeboysaude.rm" <rudeboysaude@...>
      wrote:

      > George.
      >
      > I own several Vio kites along with Ozone Frenzies
      > and a PL GII
      > 15M. Last year I flew a Vio and offered to become a
      > US consultant to
      > give demos of their kites to people because I was
      > not only impressed
      > with the quailty and versitility but the low cost.
      > It's a great kite
      > and if you are comfortable with bridles you can do
      > some many mods to
      > these kites that allow them to do anything you'd
      > like. Check out
      > this review and mod ideas here:
      >
      > http://www.enrighthome.fsnet.co.uk/page34.html
      >
      > I fly them on the water, on land, snow, and in a
      > buggy and each
      > model is great for it's purpose. The VRs are
      > awesome buggy kites
      > with great pull and little lift. All the way up to
      > the Protean2 that
      > lifts extremely well. If you live anywhere near
      > Minnesota, feel free
      > to come and try some. I like them so much that I'm
      > selling my '04
      > Frenzies because I never use them anymore. If you
      > want to buy a
      > frenzy let me know! And I can order Vios at cheaper
      > then retail
      > price too. Check em out though if you get a chance!
      >
      > Aaron.
      >
      > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, georgeiw@a...
      > wrote:
      > > Has anyone tried these kites? They look very good
      > with plenty of
      > depower and
      > > an interesting description on the relationship
      > between lift and
      > drag and how
      > > that compares to an inflatable. His kites are
      > pretty unique in
      > that they have
      > > zippers perpendicular to the leading edge. There
      > are 2 pairs of
      > zippers that
      > > you can close to change the size of the kite. So
      > one kite is a
      > 9,11 and 13
      > > at the same time.
      > >
      > > Anyway, I would love to hear about any first hand
      > experience.
      > > George

      > removed]

      > answers