Re: [ksurf] Naish X4 problem

  • suntrax
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2005
      Hi Tony

      Have you checked that your centre (front) lines are tensioning together at
      exactly the same time? this can only be done with the lines attached to a
      nail or fixed point and then gently tensioning them from the bar - if one is
      looser than the other it will need to be adjusted at the knot on the grey
      line at the end of the adjusting strap.
      If you are aware of this and have already checked, then you need to get the
      kite checked by your Naish dealer for a possible warranty - you can also
      check yourself if the kite is twisted by inflating the kite and laying it
      nose down on flat ground, then check by lifting each tip off the ground,
      they should both lift approximately the same amount before the opposite tip
      lifts.

      Good luck!

      Best regards

      Brian

      (========o]></

      ./`\/````````\-/\.....
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Brian Wilson
      Suntrax
      Tel/fax 27 (0)21 5560044
      cell; 0824656696
      13 Bayside Centre
      Tableview
      Cape Town
      www.suntrax.co.za
      info@...
      Mon - Fri 9am-7pm
      Sat 9am-5pm
      Sun 9.30am- 2.00pm

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2005
        Shorten your Pig Tails on the left tips of the kite till it flys @ 12
        O'clock with no bar pressure. :-)
        I recently bought a slightly used Naish X4 14m. It is a nice kite
        and I am very impressed with the quality and feel of the kite except for one
        thing. It constantly steers to the right. It takes twice as much bar
        pressure to get the kite to the left. I have checked the line length and
        they are all the same. If I park the kite at 12 oclock it will fall
        immediately to the right. If I park it at 10 it will slowly come over then
        quickly to the right. Any ideas?? Thoughts?? Help????

        Thanks in advance

        Tony

        to the most frequently asked questions.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • emilie marx
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2005
          Hi,
          hm...just to let you know that I don't know "scubaTony", neither Neil Harper, and I don't fly Naish kites...
          But nice to hear from you any way!!!
          Enjoy your ride....
          Emilie