Re: [ksurf] [Fwd: Martin Vari joins Slingshot!] mild rant & prediction

  • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2005
      In a message dated 2/7/2005 3:44:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      hungvu2000@... passes on the SlingShot Press Release:

      >We fully support his new direction to the point where Martin
      >Vari, is the first professional kiteboarder with a "No Compete" clause
      >in his contract. This means no competitions at all! I'm confident that
      >Martin will be come an icon leading the way in our sport for many years
      >to come."

      He's a GREAT kiter, but without competing at HIS level, he will fade out of
      the TOP the
      way others have before him. It'll take 2 years, he'll either be back
      competing in 2-3 yrs OR he'll be HISTORY ! Seen it before in other
      Sports....
      What do Top Kiters make anyways? $ 100,000+ a year? hmmm.... that's not
      chicken feed to sacrifice. But why are ALL Money Purses so small in Kiteboarding?

      Competition in LIFE is as NATURAL as breathing IF YOU WANT TO
      BE ON TOP OF YOUR GAME, ESPECIALLY COMPARED TO OTHERS that are UP & Coming
      at World Class levels.
      I am amazed how much younger & talented they are!
      (But Robby Naish won his Windsurfing World Championship when he was only 13
      too.)

      Scott in warm LA