Re: [ksurf] Re: Twinskins, has anyone tried the Vio Kites from Japan

  • georgeiw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2005
      In a message dated 2/5/2005 1:52:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      rudeboysaude@... writes:
      http://www.enrighthome.fsnet.co.uk/page34.html
      Aaron ,
      the review was very well done. The kites sound interesting and I hope to try
      one soon just not right now.
      Let me know if anyone has a used one that they might part with.
      George

    • Michael Conroy
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 10, 2005
        George,

        I'm intrested in your Ozone Frenzy, but you may
        convince me on the Vio. I currently have a Windwing
        440 Sky Foil its a 2 line kite with a 3rd brake line
        but it has no depower like my LEI for Kitesurfing. I
        want to get a similar set up with the ability to sheet
        out like the Ozone Frenzy for the landboard that I
        have. I just don't want to shell out the cash for the
        Frenzy 5 or 7 what do you have avaiable.

        Mike

        --- "rudeboysaude.rm" <rudeboysaude@...>
        wrote:

        > George.
        >
        > I own several Vio kites along with Ozone Frenzies
        > and a PL GII
        > 15M. Last year I flew a Vio and offered to become a
        > US consultant to
        > give demos of their kites to people because I was
        > not only impressed
        > with the quailty and versitility but the low cost.
        > It's a great kite
        > and if you are comfortable with bridles you can do
        > some many mods to
        > these kites that allow them to do anything you'd
        > like. Check out
        > this review and mod ideas here:
        >
        > http://www.enrighthome.fsnet.co.uk/page34.html
        >
        > I fly them on the water, on land, snow, and in a
        > buggy and each
        > model is great for it's purpose. The VRs are
        > awesome buggy kites
        > with great pull and little lift. All the way up to
        > the Protean2 that
        > lifts extremely well. If you live anywhere near
        > Minnesota, feel free
        > to come and try some. I like them so much that I'm
        > selling my '04
        > Frenzies because I never use them anymore. If you
        > want to buy a
        > frenzy let me know! And I can order Vios at cheaper
        > then retail
        > price too. Check em out though if you get a chance!
        >
        > Aaron.
        >
        > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, georgeiw@a...
        > wrote:
        > > Has anyone tried these kites? They look very good
        > with plenty of
        > depower and
        > > an interesting description on the relationship
        > between lift and
        > drag and how
        > > that compares to an inflatable. His kites are
        > pretty unique in
        > that they have
        > > zippers perpendicular to the leading edge. There
        > are 2 pairs of
        > zippers that
        > > you can close to change the size of the kite. So
        > one kite is a
        > 9,11 and 13
        > > at the same time.
        > >
        > > Anyway, I would love to hear about any first hand
        > experience.
        > > George

        > removed]

        > answers