Re: [ksurf] Re: Twinskins, has anyone tried the Vio Kites from Japan

  • georgeiw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31 5:36 AM
      Has anyone tried these kites? They look very good with plenty of depower and
      an interesting description on the relationship between lift and drag and how
      that compares to an inflatable. His kites are pretty unique in that they have
      zippers perpendicular to the leading edge. There are 2 pairs of zippers that
      you can close to change the size of the kite. So one kite is a 9,11 and 13
      at the same time.

      Anyway, I would love to hear about any first hand experience.
      George

    • rudeboysaude.rm
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2005
        George.

        I own several Vio kites along with Ozone Frenzies and a PL GII
        15M. Last year I flew a Vio and offered to become a US consultant to
        give demos of their kites to people because I was not only impressed
        with the quailty and versitility but the low cost. It's a great kite
        and if you are comfortable with bridles you can do some many mods to
        these kites that allow them to do anything you'd like. Check out
        this review and mod ideas here:

        http://www.enrighthome.fsnet.co.uk/page34.html

        I fly them on the water, on land, snow, and in a buggy and each
        model is great for it's purpose. The VRs are awesome buggy kites
        with great pull and little lift. All the way up to the Protean2 that
        lifts extremely well. If you live anywhere near Minnesota, feel free
        to come and try some. I like them so much that I'm selling my '04
        Frenzies because I never use them anymore. If you want to buy a
        frenzy let me know! And I can order Vios at cheaper then retail
        price too. Check em out though if you get a chance!

        Aaron.

      • georgeiw@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5, 2005
          In a message dated 2/5/2005 1:52:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          rudeboysaude@... writes:
          http://www.enrighthome.fsnet.co.uk/page34.html
          Aaron ,
          the review was very well done. The kites sound interesting and I hope to try
          one soon just not right now.
          Let me know if anyone has a used one that they might part with.
          George

        • Michael Conroy
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 10, 2005
            George,

            I'm intrested in your Ozone Frenzy, but you may
            convince me on the Vio. I currently have a Windwing
            440 Sky Foil its a 2 line kite with a 3rd brake line
            but it has no depower like my LEI for Kitesurfing. I
            want to get a similar set up with the ability to sheet
            out like the Ozone Frenzy for the landboard that I
            have. I just don't want to shell out the cash for the
            Frenzy 5 or 7 what do you have avaiable.

            Mike

            --- "rudeboysaude.rm" <rudeboysaude@...>
            wrote:

            > George.
            >
            > I own several Vio kites along with Ozone Frenzies
            > and a PL GII
            > 15M. Last year I flew a Vio and offered to become a
            > US consultant to
            > give demos of their kites to people because I was
            > not only impressed
            > with the quailty and versitility but the low cost.
            > It's a great kite
            > and if you are comfortable with bridles you can do
            > some many mods to
            > these kites that allow them to do anything you'd
            > like. Check out
            > this review and mod ideas here:
            >
            > http://www.enrighthome.fsnet.co.uk/page34.html
            >
            > I fly them on the water, on land, snow, and in a
            > buggy and each
            > model is great for it's purpose. The VRs are
            > awesome buggy kites
            > with great pull and little lift. All the way up to
            > the Protean2 that
            > lifts extremely well. If you live anywhere near
            > Minnesota, feel free
            > to come and try some. I like them so much that I'm
            > selling my '04
            > Frenzies because I never use them anymore. If you
            > want to buy a
            > frenzy let me know! And I can order Vios at cheaper
            > then retail
            > price too. Check em out though if you get a chance!
            >
            > Aaron.
            >
            > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, georgeiw@a...
            > wrote:
            > > Has anyone tried these kites? They look very good
            > with plenty of
            > depower and
            > > an interesting description on the relationship
            > between lift and
            > drag and how
            > > that compares to an inflatable. His kites are
            > pretty unique in
            > that they have
            > > zippers perpendicular to the leading edge. There
            > are 2 pairs of
            > zippers that
            > > you can close to change the size of the kite. So
            > one kite is a
            > 9,11 and 13
            > > at the same time.
            > >
            > > Anyway, I would love to hear about any first hand
            > experience.
            > > George

            > removed]

            > answers