Re: [ksurf] How to fly the kite in the correct position

  • Erik Mermagen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2005
      Lot's more wind = Lot's more power. Or a bigger kite. You need to feel
      like there is TOO MUCH WIND because there usually isn't once you get
      out on the water. Then you won't have any trouble getting up on plane.
      Remaining at sea level maybe... Using just the chicken loop is best for
      me.
      JUST GO FOR IT!
      Then again, I'm the guy with the busted bones. hehe.

      This question applies to water start and normal flying...

      I use a Naish bar with chicken hook and harness line. I often dive the
      kite [in the chicken loop only] unhooked from the harness loop put with
      hand pressure on the bar. Even if I start the dive with a turn
      backwards, it seems that the kite ends up too close the wind window
      edge and with not much initial power. On the plus side, it seems to
      put me in a setup that I go upwind, but not superfast.

      I've tried:
      - diving in both harness loop and chicken loop
      - slight backward move before diving

      Any thoughts to get me more on a plane and more power?

      to the most frequently asked questions.

      Yahoo! Groups Links