ULTRA ROOKIE QUESTION

  • luxoticaa
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
      Hello.
      I would like to start kitesurfing. I live in Colombia, Southamerica
      and this sport is not very popular here.
      I used to windsurf for 8 years and want to come back but with the
      kite.

      I would like to know what should I buy, where, and why.

      I REALLY appreciate.

      Best regards.

      Carlos Leal
    • Iain Wood
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
        On 7 Jan 2005, at 14:30, luxoticaa wrote:

        > I would like to know what should I buy, where, and why.
        >
        > I REALLY appreciate.

        First off, get at least one lesson, even if it means traveling to get
        it. Why? It could easily save your life. After that you will be in a
        better position to decide what you need to buy. What you need will
        depend on lots of things, like the conditions where you will fly, your
        skill and your weight. Your instructor will probably be able to help
        lots.

        Good luck and keep us posted.

        Iain
      • Luis Felipe Pinillos
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
          Hey Carlos,

          First you have to tell us were in colombia are you located and how much wind
          do you have there. I have a colombian friend that lives here in Peru and
          used to kite in colombia, i can ask him for more details if you tell me.

          Luis
          Peru.

          > I would like to start kitesurfing. I live in Colombia, Southamerica
          > and this sport is not very popular here.
          > I used to windsurf for 8 years and want to come back but with the
          > kite.
          >
          > I would like to know what should I buy, where, and why.
          >
          > I REALLY appreciate.
          >
          > Best regards.
          >
          > Carlos Leal

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • steveus147
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 10, 2005
            Check out Cartagena.... Cartagena has a couple of schools at Playa
            La Boquilla . Look for them upwind of the Las Americas Hotel. The
            schools offer Best and Fone.... Also, I think a cabrinha dealer is
            located in Cali???