Kiter Severely Injured ... A Request For Help

  • Rick Iossi
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
      Claudio Silva, well known creator of kitefury.com, kiteboarding videographer
      and self-employed computer consultant was lofted and severely injured while
      kiteboarding in Miami, FL, USA last week on New Year's Eve.

      Claudio Silva's creation - http://kitefury.com/

      Claudio is hospitalized with:

      - Paralysis in both legs below the knee
      - A broken back
      - A skull fracture
      - 6 broken ribs among other injuries.

      We are hopeful that he will walk again and fully recover but only time will
      tell.

      Claudio�s road to recovery will no doubt be long, and, unfortunately, he has
      no medical insurance. To help out Claudio and his new wife, Eva, his friends
      have organized an amazing fundraising event!!

      On Saturday January 15th, at 5pm, there will be a Seafood Paella and Sangria
      cookout at the North Miami home of Master Chef and Kiteboarder Luco Romero.
      In addition to delicious food and a great crowd, there will be a raffle and
      silent auction, all to raise money for Claudio! This benefit/cookout/raffle
      is shaping up to be a must attend kiteboarding event for all Florida riders!
      People will be driving in from all over!!

      http://gallery.kiteforum.com/albums/albun58/DSCN9794.sized.jpg
      Chef Luco takes a rack of ribs out to Fred Flintstone's car!

      The raffle and auction items are outstanding: kites, clothing, gear, tasty
      beverages, gorgeous gift baskets, restaurant gift certificates, yoga
      classes, martial arts classes� And the list is growing!!!

      (Even if you cannot attend the cookout, you can still buy raffle tickets!!
      When you send your donation via PayPal or check (see below), just send an
      extra $20.00 per raffle ticket and indicate it in the comments section! It�s
      that easy!)

      Claudio's kiteboarding video work and commericial DVDs will be digitally
      projected on the big screen to bring kiteboarding even more into focus at
      this special event.

      Claudio is known for his excellent taste in music and collection which will
      be played for the enjoyment of all throughout the evening.

      Cookout and raffle details appear in the next post.

      AND ...

      ** Cash donations are also being requested to helpout Claudio until he can
      get back to work. **

      Please send donations in one of three ways:

      A. PayPal Account = Claudio4@...
      https://www.paypal.com/

      B. or to the trust account at Bank Of America:
      Checks should be made out to the order of:

      CASH or "Lucien Volcy ITF Claudio Silva Medical Expenses"
      (Please list "# 005504212551" on the memo line)

      note: ITF = "In Trust For"

      and mail it to:

      Bank Of America
      13450 West Dixie Hwy.
      North Miami, FL 33161

      C. or they can be sent via wire transfer to the Trust Account using:
      Bank Of America Act.# 005504212551 Routing# 063100277

      With your help, needed medical care and God's Mercy we hope to see Claudio
      walking again and fully recovered.

      *** FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE COOKOUT, LOCATION, PRIZES CLICK ON:
      http://www.fksa.org/viewforum.php?f=73

      Thank you in advance for your donations. We hope to see you at the cookout.
      Friends of Claudio Silva
    • flkitesurfer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2005
        The donors for the raffle are GOING OFF!!! I am amazed by the quality
        of prizes being donated, Kites, boards, helmets, impact vests, airfare
        to Brazil, weeks accommodations in Fuerteventura, Spain, services,
        lessons and on and on.

        Special thanks to all the generous people and to Luco and Karen for
        their hard work on the ground seeking support and organizational
        efforts. The Kite Community is really coming together for Claudio in
        his time of need!

        Even if you can't make Chef Luco's Famous Seafood Paella and Sangria
        Cookout a week from today, be sure to participate in the raffle. Just
        go to the following website for details and photos of the pledged
        prizes. The list is growing all the time too!

        Go to: http://fksa.org/viewforum.php?f=73

        Thanks!

        FKA, Inc.

        transcribed by:
        Rick Iossi

      • flkitesurfer
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 11, 2005
          Kites,
          Kiteboards,
          Safety Packages,
          Flights to Brazil,
          Apartments In Feurtaventura,
          Hotel Stays,
          Fine Foods,
          Your Own Kiteboard Video
          Lessons,
          Services
          and MUCH MORE!

          ... the Business Product Support has been OUTSTANDING to benefit
          Claudio Silva.

          Claudio was recently severely injured in a kiteboarding accident
          resulting in multiple fractures and some paralysis to this point.

          More about Claudio and all the excellent raffle prizes at:
          http://www.fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=441&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

          *** Getting raffle tickets is EASY Just Click here:
          https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=claudio3%40netrox.net&item_name=Purchase+Raffle+Tickets+For+Claudio+Silva+For+%245.+USD+Each&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0¤cy_code=USD

          WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT AS WELL THOUGH AND you'll
          get a shot at these OUTSTANDING raffle prizes for only $5.00 per
          ticket! Prizes will be shipped to winners at no cost to them!

          Please buy raffle tickets to share in all the booty and to do some
          good for a fellow rider in need.

          *** Getting raffle tickets is EASY Just Click here:
          https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=claudio3%40netrox.net&item_name=Purchase+Raffle+Tickets+For+Claudio+Silva+For+%245.+USD+Each&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0¤cy_code=USD

          Don't forget the Seafood and Sangria Cookout this Saturday in Miami.
          Chef Luco is gearing up for hundreds, so come on down! More at
          http://www.fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=441&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

          Friends Of Claudio Silva