Re: [ksurf] Re: How depowered is depowered? Good question!

  • Thierry Dehove
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2004
      Hi may i give an advice ? I'm riding with this system
      since 5 months and the only tip i will be able to give
      you: it's to be careful to your 5th line with your
      pull your front line. I mean, this line sometimes can
      be twist your legs.. by the way, it's the stuff from
      2005, you will see you can even pley with the power
      when sometime you have to much : pull it slowy but
      it's working ! sorry for my bad english, i'm
      french....

      enjoy and take care, thierry
      http://www.tropical-paradise.net
      --- azza_lizard <azza@...> wrote:

      > G'day
      >
      > I've just finished rebuilding (completely) my
      > AirBlast 10 and I
      > modified it to include CLS style LE attachment
      > points... and I'm
      > really glad I did. This system is fantastic!!! Self
      > lauch, self land,
      > relauch (even in surf) becomes very easy with almost
      > no power at all!
      > Just feed/pull the centre-line.
      >
      > I can't recommend this system higher. Retro-fit you
      > kite now.
      >
      > Regards to all,
      > Azza.
      >

      > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Thierry Dehove
      > <sakoopsurf@y...> wrote:
      > > Hi Stan
      > > I have this 5th line since two months and I have
      > two
      > > matrix wipika 11 and 16,5 m. Honestly it's really
      > > good stuff for me to launch and relaunch your kite
      > on
      > > the water, on the sand by yourself... Also you can
      > > tide this line when you feel too much power on
      > your
      > > kite !
      > >
      > > take care and happy new year,
      > > thierry from Anguilla
      > > http://www.tropical-paradise.net
      > >
      > > --- woodman_k <woodman_k@y...> wrote:

      > answers

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • Pete
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 10, 2005
        Hi Steve,
        19th December. The Fawkner graph shows the bump. Seems like it was
        more dramatic in the north of the bay than down the coast.

        On the subject of lofting, Rob busted his arm a few months ago in a
        thermal lofting in the UK. Quite different to mine - his kite flew
        way back over his head and dumped him from 20' into about 6" of water
        with no power at the bar. Wind was flukey, changing around a lot,
        and he had the kite too high (hindsight's a wonderful thing, eh).
        Wasn't a lack of kite skills, that's for sure - he's been staving off
        the boredom learning one-handed kiteloop 180 aerial transitions in
        his buggy while recovering! Won the freestyle at the X-zone games,
        jammy so-n-so.
        cheers,
        Pete

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Steve McCormack" <sydney@k...>