Re: [ksurf] Kitesurfing in Canary Islands???

  • Paul Mallett
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 1999
      I went to Famara in Lanzarote, on the North coast, in October to learn to
      surf, but there's also a kitesurf school and there were people out kiting.
      The advantage of the surf is that you have an alternative on non-windy days.
      There's an area at the far end of the beach allocated to kiting. Its banned
      at the other end (nearest the town), I think because of beginner surf
      students thet are taught there. Famara itself has some spectacular scenery
      and there are a few good bars/restaurants although its generally pretty
      quiet. If you want a bit more life in the evenings then maybe say somewhere
      like Puerto del Carmen - its about a 30min drive between the two.

      I just booked a flight and then sorted out an apartment over the internet -
      its dead easy and should be pretty cheap in Jan.

      hope this helps.