Prolimit harness releasing unintenionally?

  • loco
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2004
      Any one else had the repeated problem of their Pro Limit harness releasing unintentionally?

      Mine is the usual sprung (at least quasi sprung with neoprene 'tensioner') pin going into a whole in the inserted metal tongue.

      It has started to repeatedly release-not nice in 20+ with a fully loaded 14M 1 km out to see on an upwind tack to the waves.

      I tried using an elastic tensioner over the top of the release (the neoprene 'tensioner') to keep the pin in place-thought I had it covered but it's started again.

      Any input appreciated.

      Loco 4 you.

    • Steve McCormack
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2004
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "loco" <loco4olas@h...> wrote:
        > Any one else had the repeated problem of their Pro Limit harness
        releasing unintentionally?

        > Mine is the usual sprung (at least quasi sprung with
        neoprene 'tensioner') pin going into a whole in the inserted metal
        tongue.

        > It has started to repeatedly release-not nice in 20+ with a fully
        loaded 14M 1 km out to see on an upwind tack to the waves.

        > I tried using an elastic tensioner over the top of the release (the
        neoprene 'tensioner') to keep the pin in place-thought I had it
        covered but it's started again.

        > Any input appreciated.
        >
        > Loco 4 you.

        Hey Loco
        Sorry to hear about your pro limit, you can buy a new bar, but I have
        been able to fix all that have develpoed this problem.
        You need to drop in for a visit, or get some 3mm bungee, or call me
        and I will send you a bit. Tie it around the release part of the
        spreader.
        The original neoprene "spring" stretches, and you also need to ensure
        that when you put the harness on, that the pin is actually fully
        seated in the spreader - by pushing on it after it clicks -
        understand?
        If not call me, I'll tell you where to find the bikini girls too.

        Cya
        Steve @ Kitepower.com.au