Hackers was Re: total kites sold per year?

  • Chris Glazier
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 4, 2004
      I gotta agree with Hung that the kiteskiing and kitesnowboarding
      sports are going to see some rapid growth. Our local shop has lately
      been selling quite a few foil kites for this, and one of our big ski
      stores is going to stock foil kites too. I see Naish and North have
      both got foil kites for snowkiting to their product lines. This
      branch of the sport could really grow.

      Too bad Steve that all you have down there in Oz is warm water,
      sunshine, waves, girls in bikinis... aaarrgghhhh.. I have to stop..

      :-)
      Chris
      (in Canada)

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "hungvuatnetcomdotca"
      <hungvu2000@r...> wrote:

      > This winter, we have been invited by the National Capital Comission
      > (NCC) to provide a kiteskiing/kitesnowboarding demonstration at the
      > Windterlude festival (very large number of attendees in the order
      of
      > hundreds thousands to millions of people).
      >
      > The sport may be saturated in coastal areas but growing rapidly in
      > colder climate...
      >
      > Wait until you hear that the next best kite design come from
      Canada or
      > some northern European countries...
      >
      > Hung.
    • i_know_fo
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 5, 2004
        wrote:

        > It is an interesting co-incidence that kiteforum was hacked, and that a
        > certain poster was copping a real hammering from yours truly? He had
        > recently been caught out posting under several name, there was some
        other
        > stuff happing behind the scenes that was absolutely appalling, by way of
        > private messages being sent by that "poster".

        hmmm... very interesting...!
        ... if this poster who has been "copping a real hammering" from you
        really has been sending "appalling" private messages to someone ...
        "behind the scenes" as you say ... then he may be asking himself how
        mr kitepower knows about thoe appalling private messages ...
        and other things he thinks he knows ...
        coincidence???
        or ... does mr kitepower have his own private little snitch ???

        hmmmm...

        appalling!!!

        ikf
      • Steve McCormack
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 7, 2004
          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Glazier" <cglazier@c...>
          wrote:

          > I gotta agree with Hung that the kiteskiing and kitesnowboarding
          > sports are going to see some rapid growth. Our local shop has
          lately
          > been selling quite a few foil kites for this, and one of our big
          ski
          > stores is going to stock foil kites too. I see Naish and North have
          > both got foil kites for snowkiting to their product lines. This
          > branch of the sport could really grow.
          >
          > Too bad Steve that all you have down there in Oz is warm water,
          > sunshine, waves, girls in bikinis... aaarrgghhhh.. I have to stop..
          >
          > :-)
          > Chris
          > (in Canada)

          Yeah, I would have loved to have tried kitesnowboarding, but I will
          suffer through more Oz summers and think of you guys in the frozen
          white stuff!!

          :-))

          Cya and
          Goodwinds
          Steve McCormack
          www.kitepower.com.au
        • flkitesurfer
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 7, 2004
            Hey Steve,

            Enjoy summer down that way. How are the waves on Queenscliff Bombie
            in the warmer months? You have a lot of nice coastline and varied
            riding conditions in Oz!

            I just got an email from Toby from kiteforum. He thinks the site will
            be back online by the end of the week. The butthead hackers messed
            around with things a bit slowing down the process of recovery for the
            site. I understand that it doesn't appear that a lot of data has been
            lost at this time.

            _________________
            FKA, Inc.

            transcribed by:
            Rick Iossi

            http://www.fksa.org/

            --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Steve McCormack" <sydney@k...> wrote:

            > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Glazier" <cglazier@c...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I gotta agree with Hung that the kiteskiing and kitesnowboarding
            > > sports are going to see some rapid growth. Our local shop has
            > lately
            > > been selling quite a few foil kites for this, and one of our big
            > ski
            > > stores is going to stock foil kites too. I see Naish and North have
            > > both got foil kites for snowkiting to their product lines. This
            > > branch of the sport could really grow.
            > >
            > > Too bad Steve that all you have down there in Oz is warm water,
            > > sunshine, waves, girls in bikinis... aaarrgghhhh.. I have to stop..
            > >
            > > :-)
            > > Chris
            > > (in Canada)
            >

            > Yeah, I would have loved to have tried kitesnowboarding, but I will
            > suffer through more Oz summers and think of you guys in the frozen
            > white stuff!!
            >
            > :-))
            >
            > Cya and
            > Goodwinds
            > Steve McCormack
            > www.kitepower.com.au
          • theflyingtinman
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 7, 2004
              --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "flkitesurfer" <flkitesurfer@h...> wrote:
              > I just got an email from Toby from kiteforum. He thinks the site will
              > be back online by the end of the week. The butthead hackers messed
              > around with things a bit slowing down the process of recovery for the
              > site. I understand that it doesn't appear that a lot of data has been
              > lost at this time.

              There were a few members still hanging out on the forum for
              a day or two after the hack, (while the hacker's signature page
              or the subsequent "Back Soon" page were displayed) until Toby
              took down the website completely. It was possible to do if your
              bookmark pointed not to the main frame page (which was hacked)
              but the forum list itself (which wasn't) and if you had a local
              web filter that could prevent the forum reloading itself into
              the main frame page. (As it does by default) So there were only
              about three other members left there, talking about how many
              tons of pizza delivery they will order for "SikoBiko" (the hacker)
              if they can get his address. ;)

              I didn't look in other parts of the site though but it appeared
              that the entire main Kitesurf message board was intact.
              Though, hopefully, before bringing the site back up Toby
              may take the pruning shears to some of the threads that had
              started to grow out of control before the hack occurred ;)

              Steve T
            • i_know_fo
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 7, 2004
                --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "theflyingtinman" <theflyingtinman@y...> wrote:
                > Though, hopefully, before bringing the site back up Toby
                > may take the pruning shears to some of the threads that had
                > started to grow out of control before the hack occurred ;)
                >
                > Steve T

                well,,,let me see? one of the main shitslingers in thos ugly threads wasted no time trying to transplant the fight over here when KF went down..!!! brought you all an update on how he was beating down on his rival and threw us a teaser about some appalling pms one of his snitches has been getting from the other shitslinger. i dont think he'll let it go when kiteforum comes back up ... we'll see

                hmmm ???

                now everyone here is probably remembering why they stayed on yahoo groups instead of going to kiteforum,,,
                and no,,, im not fo :) ,,, ,,, ,,,
                ,,,ikf
              • Hung Vu
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 7, 2004