RE: [ksurf] total kites sold per year?

  • Nieto, Gonzalo
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 3, 2004
      Hi, and wipika, is not includ?

      Thanks.-

      -----Mensaje original-----
      De: Chris Glazier [mailto:cglazier@...]
      Enviado el: jueves, 02 de diciembre de 2004 18:23
      Para: kitesurf@yahoogroups.com
      Asunto: Re: [ksurf] total kites sold per year?

      This has been discussed before. I seem to recall a resonable
      conclusion was about 60,000 kites per year as a very rough estimate.
      The major players are Naish, North, and Cabrinha in terms of sales.

      :-)
      Chris Glazier

      to the most frequently asked questions.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Visite http://www.cablevision.com.ar
      Visite http://www.fibertel.com.ar

      Este mensaje es confidencial. Puede contener informacion amparada por el secreto comercial.
      Si usted ha recibido este e-mail por error, debera eliminarlo de su sistema.
      No debera copiar el mensaje ni divulgar su contenido a ninguna persona. Muchas gracias.

      This message is confidential. It may also contain information that is privileged or not
      authorized to be disclosed. If you have received it by mistake, delete it from your system.
      You should not copy the messsage nor disclose its contents to anyone. Many thanks.
    • Chris Glazier
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 3, 2004
        Hung
        The 60,000 kites estimate was for 2003. I don't believe that the
        market has changed a lot since, but that is only my guess. Naish,
        North and Cabrinha had about half the kite market between them and I
        believe that they still dominate the market.

        And I would guess that the whole industry might be over $100 million
        a year if you include boards, wetsuits, lessons, accessories etc.

        :-)
        Chris Glazier

        unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com ===
        > >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • flkitesurfer
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 4, 2004
          Hello Chris and Hung,

          I heard the same figure for 2003. I read an unattributed figure of
          70,000 to 80,000 kites to be manufactured in 2004 on kiteforum. Who
          knows as there are no centralized, verified statistics on this.

          By the way it looks like some hacker attacked and took down kiteforum.
          We have this site as always of course, good thing, along with other
          standing yahoogroups sites and relatively new php sites like
          http://fksa.org/ .

          What sort of QR do you pull to deal with hackers?

          FKA, Inc.

          transcribed by:
          Rick Iossi

          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Glazier" <cglazier@c...> wrote:

          > Hung
          > The 60,000 kites estimate was for 2003. I don't believe that the
          > market has changed a lot since, but that is only my guess. Naish,
          > North and Cabrinha had about half the kite market between them and I
          > believe that they still dominate the market.
          >
          > And I would guess that the whole industry might be over $100 million
          > a year if you include boards, wetsuits, lessons, accessories etc.
          >
          > :-)
          > Chris Glazier
          >

          > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Hung Vu <hungvu2000@r...> wrote:
          > > So the whole industry is around $30 to $60 million per year.
          > >
          > > How long ago was that Chris?
          > >
          > > Hung.
          > >
          > > Chris Glazier wrote:
          > >
          > > >This has been discussed before. I seem to recall a resonable
          > > >conclusion was about 60,000 kites per year as a very rough
          > estimate.
          > > >The major players are Naish, North, and Cabrinha in terms of
          > sales.
          > > >
          > > >:-)
          > > >Chris Glazier
          > > >

          > > >If you are new to kitesurfing, please visit
          > > >http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org/faqs.htm for the answers
          > > >to the most frequently asked questions.
          > > >
          > > >=== to unsubscribe, please send an email to kitesurf-
          > unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com ===
          > > >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Chris Glazier
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 4, 2004
            Hi Rick
            Yeah, this is the second time kiteform.com has had a major
            disruption. Here in the Vancouver area we have a good forum called
            skypilotkiteboarding.com. A lot of us now spend more time on it. A
            local forum has more immediate news and handles local issues.

            I doubt that we will ever accurately know the size of the kite
            industry because everyone I have met is very secretive about their
            sales statistics.

            Chris

            --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "flkitesurfer" <flkitesurfer@h...>
            wrote:

            > Hello Chris and Hung,
            >
            > I heard the same figure for 2003. I read an unattributed figure of
            > 70,000 to 80,000 kites to be manufactured in 2004 on kiteforum.
            Who
            > knows as there are no centralized, verified statistics on this.
            >
            > By the way it looks like some hacker attacked and took down
            kiteforum.
            > We have this site as always of course, good thing, along with
            other
            > standing yahoogroups sites and relatively new php sites like
            > http://fksa.org/ .
            >
            > What sort of QR do you pull to deal with hackers?
            >
            > FKA, Inc.
            >
            > transcribed by:
            > Rick Iossi
            >
            > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Glazier" <cglazier@c...>
            wrote:

            > > Hung
            > > The 60,000 kites estimate was for 2003. I don't believe that the
            > > market has changed a lot since, but that is only my guess.
            Naish,
            > > North and Cabrinha had about half the kite market between them
            and I
            > > believe that they still dominate the market.
            > >
            > > And I would guess that the whole industry might be over $100
            million
            > > a year if you include boards, wetsuits, lessons, accessories
            etc.

            > > :-)
            > > Chris Glazier
            > >

            > > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Hung Vu <hungvu2000@r...> wrote:
            > > > So the whole industry is around $30 to $60 million per year.
            > > >
            > > > How long ago was that Chris?
            > > >
            > > > Hung.

            > > estimate.
            > > sales.

            > > unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com ===

          • flkitesurfer
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 4, 2004
              Hello Chris,

              Yes you folks have put together a good website in the NW with a forum,
              lots of feature articles, site info and more. It does seem to be a
              bit silly to discuss local launch characteristics or meets later on
              the same day on an international forum like kiteforum. Local forums
              are far more appropriate for that sort of traffic and the areas you
              mentioned as well.

              The industry doesn't broadcast information of this sort currently and
              may never for that matter. Time will tell I guess.

            • yalcin hocaoglu
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 4, 2004
                As far as i read from a business development
                report, it's 150 mil. USD for power kiting and
                accessories for North America only.
                yalcin.
                --- Chris Glazier <cglazier@...> wrote:

                > Hung
                > The 60,000 kites estimate was for 2003. I don't
                > believe that the
                > market has changed a lot since, but that is only my
                > guess. Naish,
                > North and Cabrinha had about half the kite market
                > between them and I
                > believe that they still dominate the market.
                >
                > And I would guess that the whole industry might be
                > over $100 million
                > a year if you include boards, wetsuits, lessons,
                > accessories etc.
                >
                > :-)
                > Chris Glazier
                >

                > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Hung Vu
                > <hungvu2000@r...> wrote:
                > > So the whole industry is around $30 to $60 million
                > per year.
                > >
                > > How long ago was that Chris?
                > >
                > > Hung.
                > >
                > > Chris Glazier wrote:
                > >
                > > >This has been discussed before. I seem to recall
                > a resonable
                > > >conclusion was about 60,000 kites per year as a
                > very rough
                > estimate.
                > > >The major players are Naish, North, and Cabrinha
                > in terms of
                > sales.
                > > >
                > > >:-)
                > > >Chris Glazier
                > > >

                > > >If you are new to kitesurfing, please visit
                > > >http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org/faqs.htm for the
                > answers
                > > >to the most frequently asked questions.
                > > >
                > > >=== to unsubscribe, please send an email to
                > kitesurf-
                > unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com ===
                > > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                > answers

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
              • Hung Vu
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 4, 2004
                  flkitesurfer wrote:

                  >What sort of QR do you pull to deal with hackers?

                  There is no QR. They are of very "intelligent breed"!

                  What I don't understand is why such an "intelligent breed" has to break
                  down a site such as kiteforum.com ?

                  Hung.