Re: [ksurf] Best way to attach heel straps?

  • Simon Ilsley
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 23, 2004
      The best way to strengthen the straps is to encase them in neoprene (wetsuit material). You simply purchase strips or cut them from an old wetsuit and sew them into tubes which you then insert your rubber tubing/strips into.

      Myself and friends of mine have been using these for a while now and they last really well and are very comfortable.

      ualbertastudent <srudolph@...> wrote:

      That is a good tip. I will have to try it out next time. It sure
      beats my other less than successful attempts at creating my own heel
      straps.

      to the most frequently asked questions.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • cjgilmore
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 26, 2004
        You could try using medical hose. To attach that use a rod slighly
        larger than the inside diameter of the hose. Wrap with a tie clip to
        hlod onto rod. Make sure rod has a hole to fasten to the board. I
        used foam road bike grips as a padding.

        CJG
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "russellken73" <russellken73@y...>