Re: [ksurf] Any boardbuilders up here??

  • georgeiw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 13, 2004
      boardbuilding@yahoogroups.com They are all into very nice and comples
      fiberglass vacuum bag boards. Good stuff.

      but I recommend plywood boards as well. I really like okume or maranti marine
      plywood, sometimes referred to as british standard 1088. 9mm or 3/8" has 7
      plys and no voids. It flexes through chop. You can turn up the tips and they are
      hard to break. With one sheet you can get 3 boards. Try boulter plywood in
      somerville, mass. or chesapeake light craft. They both sell them.
      George

    • Eddy Cormon
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 13, 2004
        Go plywood:
        Servaas #13 on www.stuntkites.nl
        Cheap to build. Lasts at least 2 years.
        Eddy
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "smeigel_12000"
        <michielwildenberg@h...> wrote:

        > Hi there,
        >
        > I'm new to this group. I'm kiteboarding for two years now and I'm
        in
        > need of a new board because I now use a bic airflow 175 which is
        way
        > to big now. So I thought, maybe it's fun to make my own board. Why
        > not try it.
        >
        > Are there any other kiteboard builders in this group I can share
        > information with??
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Smeigel
      • Mark Pronk
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 15, 2004
          Smeigel,

          Check out this group!

          It's boardbuilding and boardbuilding only!

          Regards,

          _________________
          Have fun!
          Mark

          Happy kiting, whatever you fly!
          foilzone.com foils.nl

          Foilzone.com
          The Hague
          The Netherlands

          T:+31-6-25030931
          F:+31-70-3523202

          M: info@...

          All we do is foilkites!

          I'm new to this group. I'm kiteboarding for two years now and I'm in
          need of a new board because I now use a bic airflow 175 which is way to
          big now. So I thought, maybe it's fun to make my own board. Why not try
          it.

          Are there any other kiteboard builders in this group I can share
          information with??

          Thanks,
          Smeigel

          http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org/faqs.htm for the answers to the most