Re: [ksurf] Any boardbuilders up here??

  • georgeiw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 13, 2004
      boardbuilding@yahoogroups.com They are all into very nice and comples
      fiberglass vacuum bag boards. Good stuff.

      but I recommend plywood boards as well. I really like okume or maranti marine
      plywood, sometimes referred to as british standard 1088. 9mm or 3/8" has 7
      plys and no voids. It flexes through chop. You can turn up the tips and they are
      hard to break. With one sheet you can get 3 boards. Try boulter plywood in
      somerville, mass. or chesapeake light craft. They both sell them.
      George

    • Gregory Gordon
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 13, 2004
        make a plywood board
        they rock
        search this forum for 'plywood'

        enjoy

        greg

        t 12:50 PM 2004/11/12, you wrote:

        >Hi there,
        >
        >I'm new to this group. I'm kiteboarding for two years now and I'm in
        >need of a new board because I now use a bic airflow 175 which is way
        >to big now. So I thought, maybe it's fun to make my own board. Why
        >not try it.
        >
        >Are there any other kiteboard builders in this group I can share
        >information with??
        >
        >Thanks,
        >Smeigel

        >=== to unsubscribe, please send an email to
        >kitesurf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com ===
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Eddy Cormon
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 13, 2004
          Go plywood:
          Servaas #13 on www.stuntkites.nl
          Cheap to build. Lasts at least 2 years.
          Eddy
          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "smeigel_12000"
          <michielwildenberg@h...> wrote:

          > Hi there,
          >
          > I'm new to this group. I'm kiteboarding for two years now and I'm
          in
          > need of a new board because I now use a bic airflow 175 which is
          way
          > to big now. So I thought, maybe it's fun to make my own board. Why
          > not try it.
          >
          > Are there any other kiteboard builders in this group I can share
          > information with??
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Smeigel
        • Mark Pronk
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 15, 2004
            Smeigel,

            Check out this group!

            It's boardbuilding and boardbuilding only!

            Regards,

            _________________
            Have fun!
            Mark

            Happy kiting, whatever you fly!
            foilzone.com foils.nl

            Foilzone.com
            The Hague
            The Netherlands

            T:+31-6-25030931
            F:+31-70-3523202

            M: info@...

            All we do is foilkites!

            I'm new to this group. I'm kiteboarding for two years now and I'm in
            need of a new board because I now use a bic airflow 175 which is way to
            big now. So I thought, maybe it's fun to make my own board. Why not try
            it.

            Are there any other kiteboard builders in this group I can share
            information with??

            Thanks,
            Smeigel

            http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org/faqs.htm for the answers to the most