Any boardbuilders up here??

  • smeigel_12000
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 12, 2004
      Hi there,

      I'm new to this group. I'm kiteboarding for two years now and I'm in
      need of a new board because I now use a bic airflow 175 which is way
      to big now. So I thought, maybe it's fun to make my own board. Why
      not try it.

      Are there any other kiteboard builders in this group I can share
      information with??

      Thanks,
      Smeigel
    • georgeiw@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 13, 2004
        boardbuilding@yahoogroups.com They are all into very nice and comples
        fiberglass vacuum bag boards. Good stuff.

        but I recommend plywood boards as well. I really like okume or maranti marine
        plywood, sometimes referred to as british standard 1088. 9mm or 3/8" has 7
        plys and no voids. It flexes through chop. You can turn up the tips and they are
        hard to break. With one sheet you can get 3 boards. Try boulter plywood in
        somerville, mass. or chesapeake light craft. They both sell them.
        George

      • Gregory Gordon
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 13, 2004
          make a plywood board
          they rock
          search this forum for 'plywood'

          enjoy

          greg

          t 12:50 PM 2004/11/12, you wrote:

          >Hi there,
          >
          >I'm new to this group. I'm kiteboarding for two years now and I'm in
          >need of a new board because I now use a bic airflow 175 which is way
          >to big now. So I thought, maybe it's fun to make my own board. Why
          >not try it.
          >
          >Are there any other kiteboard builders in this group I can share
          >information with??
          >
          >Thanks,
          >Smeigel

          >=== to unsubscribe, please send an email to
          >kitesurf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com ===
          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Eddy Cormon
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 13, 2004
            Go plywood:
            Servaas #13 on www.stuntkites.nl
            Cheap to build. Lasts at least 2 years.
            Eddy
            --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "smeigel_12000"
            <michielwildenberg@h...> wrote:

            > Hi there,
            >
            > I'm new to this group. I'm kiteboarding for two years now and I'm
            in
            > need of a new board because I now use a bic airflow 175 which is
            way
            > to big now. So I thought, maybe it's fun to make my own board. Why
            > not try it.
            >
            > Are there any other kiteboard builders in this group I can share
            > information with??
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Smeigel
          • Mark Pronk
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 15, 2004
              Smeigel,

              Check out this group!

              It's boardbuilding and boardbuilding only!

              Regards,

              _________________
              Have fun!
              Mark

              Happy kiting, whatever you fly!
              foilzone.com foils.nl

              Foilzone.com
              The Hague
              The Netherlands

              T:+31-6-25030931
              F:+31-70-3523202

              M: info@...

              All we do is foilkites!

              I'm new to this group. I'm kiteboarding for two years now and I'm in
              need of a new board because I now use a bic airflow 175 which is way to
              big now. So I thought, maybe it's fun to make my own board. Why not try
              it.

              Are there any other kiteboard builders in this group I can share
              information with??

              Thanks,
              Smeigel

              http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org/faqs.htm for the answers to the most