Cabrinha RECON instructional video

  • Adam Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2004
      i was wondering if anyone has the Cabrinha RECON
      instructional video. i have found a few links to it on
      the Web, but they lead nowhere. I think it used to be
      on the cabrinha site when they first released the
      RECON.

      i need a few hints on relaunching my kite whenever I
      drop it. (cabrinha 2004 co2)

      Cheers

      Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
      www.yahoo.com
    • oceankites
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2004
        We have copies of that video on tape but not online. But we've been
        teaching and riding on the Recon's since they came out and they have
        worked great for us. If you give us a call, we will be glad to talk
        you through the relaunch process including tips and tricks that
        aren't in the video.

        The basics are:
        1. Get the sand out of the Recon fittings before going out. The
        bullets do not pop out reliably when fouled up with sand. But they
        are very reliable on the water after the sand is rinsed out.

        2. Give a hard tug on the back lines to get the bullet to pop out.
        You can see when the bullet has popped out because the trailing edge
        of the kite will gather together. After the bullet pops out just
        continue a steady pull on the back line. The trailing edge will
        continue to gather together and that side of the kite will reverse
        off the water.

        Hint: In light wind, grab the back lines further out than just the
        red ball. Grab all the way at the end of the leader line. And grab
        both back lines, left and right side, to have the kite reverse
        straight up off the water. Once it is up, pull one side a little
        more than the other to have the kite rotate so the leading edge is
        facing the sky. Once it is facing up, let go of the back lines, grab
        the bar, and steer it on up.

        This is all pretty simple after you have seen it done or been talked
        through. Feel free to give a call for more hints.

        Michael Percy
        XL KITES
        www.XLKITES.com
        850 598 3735