needing advice on purchasing a beginner kite surfing kit, miami

  • raychristofer
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2004
      Hello, im ray from miami , i fly stunt kites and sail catamarans and
      id like to try kitesurfing. im just asking for advice on where to
      shop for a beginner kit either online or off. i know there are too
      many to choose from and every company thinks theirs is the best. i
      hope to be the first black fella in my area to get good at it. thanks
      in advance.
    • Neil Harper
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2004
        Great to hear you want to give it a go but I back up previous advice get
        lessons from an IKO qualified(or similar) instructor and use their kit it is
        a great sport when practiced safely but a little knowledge is a dangerous
        thing there have been five fatalities globally in the past few months I
        don't want to hear of a sixth. Once you have IKO Level 2 certification you
        can probably go it alone and you will find that the kite community are a
        really helpful bunch and will gladly offer advice if asked. PS wish we had
        your warm water in the UK right now.

        Good luck

        Neil H

        Hello, im ray from miami , i fly stunt kites and sail catamarans and
        id like to try kitesurfing. im just asking for advice on where to
        shop for a beginner kit either online or off. i know there are too
        many to choose from and every company thinks theirs is the best. i
        hope to be the first black fella in my area to get good at it. thanks
        in advance.

        to the most frequently asked questions.

        Yahoo! Groups Links