Re: [ksurf] Sport in Hebrides

  • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
      In a message dated 11/1/2004 12:04:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      david.kites@... writes:

      I am a buggy instructor, and kite land boarder. I actually use Arc kites not

      LEI's (or did you just get it mixed up).

      Oops I did get it mixed. Duh, too late at night, I guess.

      A friend of mine, Peter Trow, has used Foil's for years but also now uses
      LEI's. Last August, I was talking with him at the King of the Bay San
      Francisco
      Contest, he told me, he lent his 12m FLEXIFOIL LEI kite to a 'guy' named
      Aaron for the contest. It worked well enough for Aaron to win it.

      I am copying this to US kiteboarding Mag, to make them aware of your
      locations
      for possible story's here in the future editions.
      Scott

      >I am a buggy instructor, and kite land boarder. I actually use Arc kites
      not
      >LEI's (or did you just get it mixed up).
      >The water tempetrature here is an average 12 C. I use a 3/2 in summer
      >without any problem. I am using a Neil Pryde 5/3 now winter has come. The
      >water isn't too bad it is the wind chill that is the major factor.
      >I will get some Kite surfing pictures on the site soon.
      >Kiting is new to the Hebrides. I moved here in May to set up a kite shop
      and
      >kite holiday business. So far its been great. Keep watching the sites for
      >updates.

      >Dave
      >Western Isles Kite Company

      >www.powerkitesales.co.uk