Re: [ksurf] Sport in Hebrides

  • David Hepworth
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2004
      Scott

      I am a buggy instructor, and kite land boarder. I actually use Arc kites not
      LEI's (or did you just get it mixed up).
      The water tempetrature here is an average 12 C. I use a 3/2 in summer
      without any problem. I am using a Neil Pryde 5/3 now winter has come. The
      water isn't too bad it is the wind chill that is the major factor.
      I will get some Kite surfing pictures on the site soon.
      Kiting is new to the Hebrides. I moved here in May to set up a kite shop and
      kite holiday business. So far its been great. Keep watching the sites for
      updates.

      Dave
      Western Isles Kite Company

      www.powerkitesales.co.uk

      www.extremehebrides.co.uk

      Isle of Lewis
      HS2 9JA

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
        In a message dated 11/1/2004 12:04:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
        david.kites@... writes:

        I am a buggy instructor, and kite land boarder. I actually use Arc kites not

        LEI's (or did you just get it mixed up).

        Oops I did get it mixed. Duh, too late at night, I guess.

        A friend of mine, Peter Trow, has used Foil's for years but also now uses
        LEI's. Last August, I was talking with him at the King of the Bay San
        Francisco
        Contest, he told me, he lent his 12m FLEXIFOIL LEI kite to a 'guy' named
        Aaron for the contest. It worked well enough for Aaron to win it.

        I am copying this to US kiteboarding Mag, to make them aware of your
        locations
        for possible story's here in the future editions.