Re: [ksurf] Sport in Hebrides

  • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2004
      In a message dated 10/31/2004 10:16:01 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      david.kites@... writes:

      I was going to go for a 152 which is still big by most standards. I will
      keep the 180 for a very light wind board (or a wind break).
      Do most people on this forum use LEI's or are there a few using Arcs?

      Dave

      Western Isles Kite Company

      www.powerkitesales.co.uk

      _www.extremehebrides.co.uk_ (http://www.extremehebrides.co.uk)

      Dave-

      You are on the right track for developing your kiteboarding skills. And I
      agree with the
      info given to you so far. Their is a forum for LEI's. Someone will be able
      to tell you where.
      I see you are probably a buggy user from your website of the Western Isle's,
      which explains your LEI use.
      I am surprised to read of kiting at the Hebrides, and the water is bearable
      for so far North, I am aware of the Gulf Stream effects. It sounds like you
      have water/air temps similar to
      Northern California or North West Coast US.
      What type of wetsuit do you use in Summer/Winter? Pictures look good at your
      website. Let us know when you post some more kiteboarding pics too!

      Scott

    • David Hepworth
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2004
        Scott

        I am a buggy instructor, and kite land boarder. I actually use Arc kites not
        LEI's (or did you just get it mixed up).
        The water tempetrature here is an average 12 C. I use a 3/2 in summer
        without any problem. I am using a Neil Pryde 5/3 now winter has come. The
        water isn't too bad it is the wind chill that is the major factor.
        I will get some Kite surfing pictures on the site soon.
        Kiting is new to the Hebrides. I moved here in May to set up a kite shop and
        kite holiday business. So far its been great. Keep watching the sites for
        updates.

        Dave
        Western Isles Kite Company

        www.powerkitesales.co.uk

        www.extremehebrides.co.uk

        Isle of Lewis
        HS2 9JA

      • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
          In a message dated 11/1/2004 12:04:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
          david.kites@... writes:

          I am a buggy instructor, and kite land boarder. I actually use Arc kites not

          LEI's (or did you just get it mixed up).

          Oops I did get it mixed. Duh, too late at night, I guess.

          A friend of mine, Peter Trow, has used Foil's for years but also now uses
          LEI's. Last August, I was talking with him at the King of the Bay San
          Francisco
          Contest, he told me, he lent his 12m FLEXIFOIL LEI kite to a 'guy' named
          Aaron for the contest. It worked well enough for Aaron to win it.

          I am copying this to US kiteboarding Mag, to make them aware of your
          locations
          for possible story's here in the future editions.