Re: [ksurf] sport

  • CCKiteboarder@hotpop.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2004
      That's the way I figure it too. More edge means you can handle- resist - more pull. So to edge
      more you need to keep the kite lower too. If the kite is low you can resist more than your body
      weight. if the kite is high - the most resistance you can give is your body weight.

      But there is a way to get more edge with a big board - wider stance and/or heeel closer to back
      edge.
      The closer your feet are to the ends the more you can sink them. So with a big board with a wide
      stance and heels close to the edge I think you have a wider range. You can flatten a big board
      for lots of flotation to get thru lulls or sink the back corner aggressively to handle the gusts.
      If you are in a smooth ocean wind location it is much easier to use a big kite and a small board
      but in a gusty place you need range.

      Just my 2 cents.

      Steve
      Carson City, Nevada, USA