Re: [ksurf] Re: Cabrinha Lab Rat ???

  • husnu baylav
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2004
      Dear Hung,Dear Group,
      i am the distributor of Cabrinha Products in Turkey.Like you Hung i am also kiteboarding since 1998.Till today i had possibility to try major companies' major products.
      For me Naish,Cabrinha and Bestkiteboardings' products fits me more.
      But if we are talking about Labrat That is my board.
      The main difference about Labrat And Icon is on waves(MOSTLY in choppy conditions)cause labrat is a flex board.it doesn't seen from outside but on flat water icon is smooth but in chop you have a lot of distortion on your feet.Then if you use the labrat you have a very smooth ride with The labrat.i even wakeboard with 130 labrat and i can also make loops while wakeboarding with it.But i fix the footstaps on the opposite way than the factory uses on the promo pictures.
      Well i always use 130cm Labrat from 6-17 sqm CabrinhaNitro's and bigger sized Contra's.
      Contra,because of the new shape ProSpan gives you the ability to use short boards.They are speedy kites which gives a direct feetback to your reactions.
      So conclution labrat is a great board on every condition.Best regards.Husnu BAYLAV
      www.kitesurfbeach.com
      info@...

      Hung Vu <hungvu2000@...> wrote:

      I don't know much about the Lab Rat; however, I do know that some
      manufacturers do make special boards for Wave.

      Hung.

      mx5alan wrote:

      >--- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "hungvuatnetcomdotca"
      > wrote:
      >

      >>For light wind, a 130 is probably too short.
      >>

      >Thanks for the reply,
      >I guessed it maybe... I will be keeping my 147x38 ply.
      >
      >So would the Lab Rat be a good all round board for the others - flat,
      >waves, high wind, speed runs and Cable Wakeboarding (when there is no
      >wind) - If its light wind then I could always jump on my Landboard
      >(Kavadeck) or get a BIGGER kite. :-)

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      to the most frequently asked questions.

      Yahoo! Groups Links