Re: RES: [ksurf] Fully sheet out kites - Windwing new system

  • hungvuatnetcomdotca
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 21, 2004
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "hungvuatnetcomdotca"
      <hungvu2000@r...> wrote:
      > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, georgeiw@a... wrote:
      > > The way the middle line goes from being a brake line to the B/A line
      > > regulator is similar to the way the lines work in the Cabrinha recon
      > system where the
      > > front and rear lines are a continuos loop with stoppers to lock it
      > into the
      > > powered position.
      >
      > I am not sure who comes up with the "back line/front line as a
      > continous loop" idea, Flysurfer or Cabrinha (in their RECON system),
      > but I can see that this idea can be used for a 100% fully sheet out
      > sled LEI kite (which of course eliminates the safety leash and
      > automatically flip the kite over on its back ready for relaunch)
      >
      > P.S., I do hope that the "back line/front line as a continous loop"
      > idea is not patented (I don't think it is as you need some very
      > specific application for patenting); otherwise, only one company can
      > built 100% fully sheet out sled LEI kite.

      Well, last year we discussed about this here and it looks like this
      year Windwing is coming out with a very similar system allowing 90% to
      100% depowerable LEI (see
      http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2309240 )

      See how the "back line/front line as a continuous loop" and how "fully
      sheet out" the kite is?

      As usual, it normally discussed on the kitesurf group first and of
      course everything here is "patent free"...

      P.S., Note my prediction last year: "I do hope that the "back
      line/front line as a continous loop" idea is not patented (I don't
      think it is as you need some very specific application for patenting);
      otherwise, only one company can built 100% fully sheet out sled LEI
      kite" ?

      Hung.
    • Josué Victor Andrade Júnior
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009