Sailing Anarchy forum threads about the Outleader Kite

  • John Foster
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2004
      To get you up to speed about what Dave Culp has been up to....(grin)....

      John
      -----------------------------------

      Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 22:06:13 -0000
      From: "Alan" <tcherepin@...>
      Subject: Re: NR - First Ever Performance-Based Sail Guarantee

      If anyone is interested in my take on these things, go to Sailing
      Anarchy and look up the thread that ran yesterday (Oct 4th) on
      Outleader Kites. If you search back in the Sailing Anarchy forums
      you'll find two more threads about the Outleader Kite, full of
      information.

      I was tired of everyone over there just thinking it was me and Dave
      ranting on about them, so I took out two other singlehanders for a
      ride last weekend. They wrote their comments in that thread and Dave
      and I answered a mess of questions. He sold one kite that day.
      I'll be taking two more guys, both non-singlehanders, out on October
      24th and their comments will also go up on Sailing Anarchy.

      I'll be taking out our SSS Commodore, who also happens to be the
      Singlehanded Sailor of the Year for the sixth year out of seven,
      with the kite in Mid-November. He's got a Van de Stadt Black Soo
      30, an early ultralight. His analysis will also be up on Sailing
      Anarchy.

      All I can say is that if you're not familiar with these things, you
      need to be.

      My Santana 3030, a 6500 pound 1980's vintage MORC displacement boat
      easily got up to ten knots in 18-22 knots of wind this past weekend.
      for my boat, that is hauling the proverbial buttocks. I put the boat
      on autopilot and didn't touch it for ten-fifteen minutes, three
      times. The pilot, an Autohelm 1000, the wimpiest pilot in their
      line, steered the boat and never even came close to working hard at
      all. Not at ALL.

      check it out.

      Alan