RE: [ksurf] Stef needs a fix ;-)

  • dave@kiteship.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 7, 2004
      >Its on my list of things to do !
      >
      >Its actually closer to try snowboarding in chile or Argentina !

      You've got some of the best dry lakes and deserts in the world in
      Argentina. Why haven't you tried kite buggy voyaging? I know of no
      attempts to actually cross deserts via kites--let alone setting
      records doing so.

      Dave
    • Stefano Rosso
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 7, 2004
        Got a friend that went down there for speed record attempts. Managed 102
        km/h... Too damn scary... And he weighs twice as much as me !

        Its an idea but it doesn't attract me as much. Another idea is downhill
        mountaibiking in the Andes. Apparently there is some great stuff in Bolivia
        which is a short plane ride away. We plan to do that next month. Its 2 days
        of continuous downhill on offroad single track. Should be fun !

        >Its actually closer to try snowboarding in chile or Argentina !

        You've got some of the best dry lakes and deserts in the world in Argentina.
        Why haven't you tried kite buggy voyaging? I know of no attempts to actually
        cross deserts via kites--let alone setting records doing so.

        Dave

        http://www.KiteHIGH.com
        ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
        ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
        Em: support@...

      • Stijn
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 7, 2004
          You've already got your Skydiving license I take it?
          I did that some weeks ago for the first time, and I'm ging to kitesurf for a
          couple of years before seriously getting into that...:)
          Especially the birdman thing looks pretty cool to me.

          Good luck on your quest,
          -Stijn.

          > Got a friend that went down there for speed record attempts. Managed 102
          > km/h... Too damn scary... And he weighs twice as much as me !
          >
          > Its an idea but it doesn't attract me as much. Another idea is downhill
          > mountaibiking in the Andes. Apparently there is some great stuff in
          Bolivia
          > which is a short plane ride away. We plan to do that next month. Its 2
          days
          > of continuous downhill on offroad single track. Should be fun !

        • Stefano Rosso
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 7, 2004
            I tried paragliding first. The number of paralyzed ex-paragliders turned me
            off airsports... Have a very good friend that's very into skydiving. Other
            than being very expensive he kitesurfs all he can now so I am not sure that
            its my cup of tea. Anything you need an engine to do doesn't sound as
            attractive...

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 8, 2004
              Stefano, my friend. Do a search on google for
              SoulFlyersAVerbierTheDome.wmv. Once you've done that, and you're
              still bored, you should look for some seriously mean drugs and knock
              yourself out ;-)

              Cheers

              André
            • Gabe Le
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 9, 2004
                Come to the Alps in Europe to do backcountry / freeride snowboarding, or xc-MTB on singletrails over 3000 m altitude, on some singletrails narrow as your MTB's tire (and abyss to the left and right), with roots and rotten tree bodies to jump over, with sweet cliffdrops and steep climbings that some hikers cannot climb (and you manage this with your MTB...). Sommer, winter and inbetweeen (mtb-ing on sledge slopes is real fun, even without spikes), it's fun...

                Two days continuous downhill can do almost any peanut-butter & donuts eater, costs only brakes and finger strength mostly (perhaps causing a sore behind)...
                the braver ones go up and then come down on their own muscle strenght and technique, even if it's 3000+ m peaks.

                I've seen some Peru tapes of MTB colleagues doin' trails- amazing stuff! Except that if something gets broken (bike or biker), there's no helicopter saving one's a$$ after max. half an hour...

                Cheers from Europe

                kit3r