Stef needs a fix ;-)

  • hungvuatnetcomdotca
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 2004
      Stef,

      You got bored of kiting because you have never tried ALL forms of it.

      Buy an airplane ticket to Ottawa this winter and I will take care of
      the rest (bed, food, drink, girls maybe ;-)

      P.S., Don't tell me that you can't stand the cold weather... I heard
      that before...

      Hung.

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Stefano Rosso" <stefano.rosso@a...>

      kitesurf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com or
    • Stefano Rosso
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 7, 2004
        Its on my list of things to do !

        Its actually closer to try snowboarding in chile or Argentina ! But the
        cold SUCKS. I lived in boston for 3 years so I know that anything below -10
        C is just not cold... Its painful...

        I am looking for a sport that can be done in 10 - 40 C.

        Maybe you want to meet up in Argentina some day ? It would make it
        interesting for you too !

      • dave@kiteship.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 7, 2004
          >Its on my list of things to do !
          >
          >Its actually closer to try snowboarding in chile or Argentina !

          You've got some of the best dry lakes and deserts in the world in
          Argentina. Why haven't you tried kite buggy voyaging? I know of no
          attempts to actually cross deserts via kites--let alone setting
          records doing so.

          Dave
        • Stefano Rosso
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 7, 2004
            Got a friend that went down there for speed record attempts. Managed 102
            km/h... Too damn scary... And he weighs twice as much as me !

            Its an idea but it doesn't attract me as much. Another idea is downhill
            mountaibiking in the Andes. Apparently there is some great stuff in Bolivia
            which is a short plane ride away. We plan to do that next month. Its 2 days
            of continuous downhill on offroad single track. Should be fun !

            >Its actually closer to try snowboarding in chile or Argentina !

            You've got some of the best dry lakes and deserts in the world in Argentina.
            Why haven't you tried kite buggy voyaging? I know of no attempts to actually
            cross deserts via kites--let alone setting records doing so.

            Dave

            http://www.KiteHIGH.com
            ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
            ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
            Em: support@...

          • Stijn
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 7, 2004
              You've already got your Skydiving license I take it?
              I did that some weeks ago for the first time, and I'm ging to kitesurf for a
              couple of years before seriously getting into that...:)
              Especially the birdman thing looks pretty cool to me.

              Good luck on your quest,
              -Stijn.

              > Got a friend that went down there for speed record attempts. Managed 102
              > km/h... Too damn scary... And he weighs twice as much as me !
              >
              > Its an idea but it doesn't attract me as much. Another idea is downhill
              > mountaibiking in the Andes. Apparently there is some great stuff in
              Bolivia
              > which is a short plane ride away. We plan to do that next month. Its 2
              days
              > of continuous downhill on offroad single track. Should be fun !

            • Stefano Rosso
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 7, 2004
                I tried paragliding first. The number of paralyzed ex-paragliders turned me
                off airsports... Have a very good friend that's very into skydiving. Other
                than being very expensive he kitesurfs all he can now so I am not sure that
                its my cup of tea. Anything you need an engine to do doesn't sound as
                attractive...

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 8, 2004
                  Stefano, my friend. Do a search on google for
                  SoulFlyersAVerbierTheDome.wmv. Once you've done that, and you're
                  still bored, you should look for some seriously mean drugs and knock
                  yourself out ;-)

                  Cheers

                  André
                • Gabe Le
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 9, 2004
                    Come to the Alps in Europe to do backcountry / freeride snowboarding, or xc-MTB on singletrails over 3000 m altitude, on some singletrails narrow as your MTB's tire (and abyss to the left and right), with roots and rotten tree bodies to jump over, with sweet cliffdrops and steep climbings that some hikers cannot climb (and you manage this with your MTB...). Sommer, winter and inbetweeen (mtb-ing on sledge slopes is real fun, even without spikes), it's fun...

                    Two days continuous downhill can do almost any peanut-butter & donuts eater, costs only brakes and finger strength mostly (perhaps causing a sore behind)...
                    the braver ones go up and then come down on their own muscle strenght and technique, even if it's 3000+ m peaks.

                    I've seen some Peru tapes of MTB colleagues doin' trails- amazing stuff! Except that if something gets broken (bike or biker), there's no helicopter saving one's a$$ after max. half an hour...

                    Cheers from Europe

                    kit3r