Mexico Kiting

  • ScubaTony
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2004
      I live in Cozumel Mexico where I have just started kiting. We
      fly almost year round here and Dec- Mar are the prime months. We have a
      couple of long beaches with shallow water and they are mostly empty.
      Real kite boarding liked the location so much they are starting their
      winter kite camps here. Accommodations can be as little as $30 a night
      and there are lots of great things to do if you are not a flying.
      Cozumel is the most popular cruise ship destination in the world so it
      must have some fun. Also just across the channel in Playa Del Carmen
      there is a large community of Kiters too. Mostly on shore winds and
      more crowded beaches.
      Check out Real's offer and description for Cozumel..
      http://www.realkiteboarding.com/index.ihtml?page=newsitem&id=601

      There are only about 8 of us locals flying now but the interest
      is starting to grow. I teach Scuba for a living in the mornings and fly
      most afternoons. Water temps are 87 today and wind is looking at 15 mph
      out of the east north east. I should go get the truck loaded up!!

      Ciao 4 now

      Tony

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:22:29 -0000
      From: nmacken@...
      Subject: Trip to Mexico or Central/South America

      I am looking for a place for myself and friends and non-kiter
      signif-others can go. We are in Santa Cruz Calif. So it seems trip to
      Mexico or Central/South America does make sense.

      I notice Cabrete gets alot of attention on this site. Any comments on a
      trip there? I am sure there are other great places. Any suggestions?

      Possibly around Jan/Feb so wind is important. Sig-o's are very active
      but not kiters (cant seem to get them in the water without a significant
      barrier between them and the ocean sharks, norcal has too many scary
      stories for them), so local alternative activities are a definite plus.

      Thanks,
      Niall.