Re: [ksurf] Should a new kiter take lesson?

  • Gabe Le
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 27, 2004
      I've done the IKO course on Fuerteventura, and although I'm the guy who rather doesn't worry (until it's almost on the edge...), it opened my eyes and teached me RESPECT towards this sport.
      I can only recommend: do some course(s), it's worth the health and the fun afterwards.

      Gabe

      Iain Wood <d.i.wood@...> wrote:

      On 27 Sep 2004, at 08:28, Hung Vu wrote:

      > Should a new kiter take lesson?

      IF it were just dangerous to the new kiter then I would say it is their
      choice, although I would strongly recommend a new kiter to get lessons.
      However it is also dangerous to innocent bystanders too, so yes lessons
      are a must.

      > Should a new kiters be certified? (IKO, PASA, Kitesurfingschool.org,
      > etc.)

      Probably. That way we are less likely to see avoidable accidents and
      blanket bans on good kiting beaches. Maybe insurance should be
      compulsory too.

      Iain

      http://www.KiteHIGH.com
      ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or