Kite doctor!!!

  • Hung Vu
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2004
      I met Roberto Spitale in summer 2000 while kiting in his back yard at
      Costamba, Dominican Republic (there are MUCH more to kiting in DR than
      just Carabete - it gets boring there after a while). BTW, the most
      recent Kiteboarding Magazine has an article recommending kiters to go to
      Carabete [ Tom, please be more adventurous and talk about more exotic
      destinations, let's say Phan Thiet for a change; otherwise people may
      say that kiters are ....... ]

      Roberto was still an addicted windsurfer and was learning to go upwind.
      I gave him a few tips back then.

      Recently, I heard that he became an expert kiter, saved Eric Hersents
      life (kite designer for EH kites) and became the official KITE DOCTOR.

      Check http://www.ehkiteboarding.com/news/VIPdoctor/ for various photos
      of Roberto kiting in his back yard (boys, I miss kiting in his backyard
      sooooo muuuuuch)

      What a life!!!

      P.S., There are MUCH more to kiting in DR than just Carabete ! Be
      adventurous and find them out as I will not tell you ;-)

      P.P.S., At least, try Salina as it is pretty well-known...

      Hung.