Take lesson from these schools...

  • Hung Vu
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2004
      After having kited since 1998 and taught kitesurfing for a few years, I
      started to realized that kitesurfing is "not dangerous" if done properly
      - proper kitesurfing safety guidelines are followed (especially since we
      had no serious kitesurfing accident locally since 1998 while we had
      numerous snowboarding accidents since then).

      Neither kitesurfing has to be extreme and the sport can be enjoyed by an
      average mom-and-pop.

      I thought I was the "first" to discover this fact.

      So I did a very quick search on Google. To my surprise there are other
      sites and schools out there who claims that either kitesurfing is not
      dangerous or they can teach one can be not dangerous to oneself or the
      others:

      1- http://www.more-than-boards.de/schools/Kitexcite.php?newlang=uk
      "To learn Kitesurfing is not dangerous and brings a lot of Fun"
      2- http://tarifainfo.com/en/kite-surfing.html
      " Kiteboarding in Tarifa is not dangerous if done with the
      necessary caution, and learned with qualified instructor."
      3- http://www.kiteboardcabarete.com/oct03/english/courses.htm
      "We recommend 8 hours of training to become independent in 2 lines :
      - to be competent in safety : not dangerous to oneself and
      to others."

      The other schools and manufacturers need to put some level of safety
      assurance to their teaching and equipment...

      Hung.