RE: [ksurf] Best School

  • Neil Harper
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 6, 2004
      Try looking at a german site http://www.stehsegelrevue.com/ they seem to
      have links to most kite/windsurf hot spots also try www.kitebeaches.com

      -----Original Message-----
      From: GS [mailto:gavin@...]
      Sent: 06 September 2004 11:19
      To: kitesurf@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [ksurf] Best School

      Guys,
      Thanks for your input....just to confirm I have already done a week
      in Fuerte with Extreme Hols and it was great (especially the
      safety...). I do need more time on the water now plus also some
      sun...(though as luck goes Sept here in east anglia is looking
      good!!!)but i have to consider my parner who wants to spend all day
      sun bathing....am not too worried about cost just want the best
      place...have looked at egypt over the weekend but it is packed
      (flight wise) so will have to give a miss there this time.Just
      looking at other recommendations?

      Cheers

      Gavin

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Iain Wood <d.i.wood@n...> wrote:

      > On 4 Sep 2004, at 22:05, Paul (Not an Idiot) Mallett wrote:
      >
      > > Did you read the original question?
      >
      > Not well enough.
      >
      > > He's already been on at least one course
      > > of a week (in Fuerte) after which he should have had safety
      drummed
      > > into
      > > him. What he probably needs most of is more water time but
      obviously
      > > he's
      > > got to be careful about wind direction without safety cover....
      >
      > Point taken. I apologise to you Paul. I'm maybe a bit too twitchy
      on
      > safety issues..
      >
      > > Probably
      > > better off heading down to his local beach and chatting to a few
      of the
      > > regulars and then buying some kit rather than shelling out £300+
      for
      > > another course
      >
      > Talking to the locals sounds like a great idea. There are things
      that a
      > school somewhere else cant teach.
      >
      > > . And no, I DONT need more lessons - I DO need more time on the
      water
      > > somewhere uncrowded with winds that dont mean someone end up
      ringing
      > > the
      > > coastguard to fish me out.
      > >

      > Amen! We have prevailing Westerly winds on an East coast :-(
      >

      > Iain

      http://www.KiteHIGH.com
      ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
      ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)