1 Kite 2 boards

  • Hung Vu
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2004
      Switching kites are very cumbersome while switching boards is fairly easy.

      Recently I start to rig only 1 kite and switch between 2 boards when the
      wind varies.

      It's effortless to ride back to the beach, grab another board (larger or
      smaller) when the wind change and ride out again.

      P.S., The 2 boards should be around 1500 to 3000 cm2 smaller/larger in
      size to notice differences...

      Hung.
    • bitme1234
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2004
        Right on Hung Vu figh............ter.... Yah!!!!

        Same here switching boards way easier than switching kites but watch
        out for the snatch and grab, getup and go ,easy come easy go, freaks
        on the beach that will grab gear and walk away as if not a care in
        the day. Yes day , Not world!!!! freak.

        Also Have foils over taking tubers "the ones not grown in the ground"
        12meter tuber vs 12 meter foil HMMMMMMMMMMM . i'M SEEING A STRANGE
        CHANGE . SO IF A 12 meter foil is handling as good as a 12 meter
        tuber WHY NOT SWITCH TO A 12 METER FOIL with 4sq meter to gain and
        more depowering if you feel you need it mmmmmmmmm how sweeeeeeeet it
        is. Think about it if you can getaway with even a 10 meter foil with
        still a meter and a half more projected surface than a 12 tuber with
        even better "handling " we're not talking about switching hands and
        gaining a stroke here. Your slinging a hell of alot less meat i
        MEAN "area "
        than a 12 TUBER with THE 10 projecting STILL MORE area how sweet can
        it get. wEEDS ARE GROWING HIGH NOW , PICK'EM while you can cause the
        harvest won;t last.......

        And everyone is kung fu fighting.............. or not.

        ToDd

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Hung Vu <hungvu2000@r...> wrote:
        > Switching kites are very cumbersome while switching boards is
        fairly easy.

        > Recently I start to rig only 1 kite and switch between 2 boards
        when the
        > wind varies.
        >
        > It's effortless to ride back to the beach, grab another board
        (larger or
        > smaller) when the wind change and ride out again.
        >
        > P.S., The 2 boards should be around 1500 to 3000 cm2 smaller/larger
        in
        > size to notice differences...
        >
        > Hung.
      • Robin Zwissler
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 12, 2004
          TodD, I MiSSeD yOU. GlAD YOu R bacK!

          Right on Hung Vu figh............ter.... Yah!!!!

          Same here switching boards way easier than switching kites but watch out for
          the snatch and grab, getup and go ,easy come easy go, freaks on the beach
          that will grab gear and walk away as if not a care in the day. Yes day , Not
          world!!!! freak.

          Also Have foils over taking tubers "the ones not grown in the ground"
          12meter tuber vs 12 meter foil HMMMMMMMMMMM . i'M SEEING A STRANGE CHANGE .
          SO IF A 12 meter foil is handling as good as a 12 meter tuber WHY NOT SWITCH
          TO A 12 METER FOIL with 4sq meter to gain and more depowering if you feel
          you need it mmmmmmmmm how sweeeeeeeet it is. Think about it if you can
          getaway with even a 10 meter foil with still a meter and a half more
          projected surface than a 12 tuber with even better "handling " we're not
          talking about switching hands and gaining a stroke here. Your slinging a
          hell of alot less meat i MEAN "area "
          than a 12 TUBER with THE 10 projecting STILL MORE area how sweet can it
          get. wEEDS ARE GROWING HIGH NOW , PICK'EM while you can cause the harvest
          won;t last.......

          And everyone is kung fu fighting.............. or not.

          ToDd

          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Hung Vu <hungvu2000@r...> wrote:
          > Switching kites are very cumbersome while switching boards is
          fairly easy.

          > Recently I start to rig only 1 kite and switch between 2 boards
          when the
          > wind varies.
          >
          > It's effortless to ride back to the beach, grab another board
          (larger or
          > smaller) when the wind change and ride out again.
          >
          > P.S., The 2 boards should be around 1500 to 3000 cm2 smaller/larger
          in
          > size to notice differences...
          >
          > Hung.

          http://www.KiteHIGH.com