Re: [ksurf] Best School

  • Iain Wood
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 5, 2004
      On 4 Sep 2004, at 22:05, Paul (Not an Idiot) Mallett wrote:

      > Did you read the original question?

      Not well enough.

      > He's already been on at least one course
      > of a week (in Fuerte) after which he should have had safety drummed
      > into
      > him. What he probably needs most of is more water time but obviously
      > he's
      > got to be careful about wind direction without safety cover....

      Point taken. I apologise to you Paul. I'm maybe a bit too twitchy on
      safety issues..

      > Probably
      > better off heading down to his local beach and chatting to a few of the
      > regulars and then buying some kit rather than shelling out £300+ for
      > another course

      Talking to the locals sounds like a great idea. There are things that a
      school somewhere else cant teach.

      > . And no, I DONT need more lessons - I DO need more time on the water
      > somewhere uncrowded with winds that dont mean someone end up ringing
      > the
      > coastguard to fish me out.

      Amen! We have prevailing Westerly winds on an East coast :-(

      Iain
    • GS
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 6, 2004
        Guys,
        Thanks for your input....just to confirm I have already done a week
        in Fuerte with Extreme Hols and it was great (especially the
        safety...). I do need more time on the water now plus also some
        sun...(though as luck goes Sept here in east anglia is looking
        good!!!)but i have to consider my parner who wants to spend all day
        sun bathing....am not too worried about cost just want the best
        place...have looked at egypt over the weekend but it is packed
        (flight wise) so will have to give a miss there this time.Just
        looking at other recommendations?

        Cheers

        Gavin

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Iain Wood <d.i.wood@n...> wrote:

        > On 4 Sep 2004, at 22:05, Paul (Not an Idiot) Mallett wrote:
        >
        > > Did you read the original question?
        >
        > Not well enough.
        >
        > > He's already been on at least one course
        > > of a week (in Fuerte) after which he should have had safety
        drummed
        > > into
        > > him. What he probably needs most of is more water time but
        obviously
        > > he's
        > > got to be careful about wind direction without safety cover....
        >
        > Point taken. I apologise to you Paul. I'm maybe a bit too twitchy
        on
        > safety issues..
        >
        > > Probably
        > > better off heading down to his local beach and chatting to a few
        of the
        > > regulars and then buying some kit rather than shelling out £300+
        for
        > > another course
        >
        > Talking to the locals sounds like a great idea. There are things
        that a
        > school somewhere else cant teach.
        >
        > > . And no, I DONT need more lessons - I DO need more time on the
        water
        > > somewhere uncrowded with winds that dont mean someone end up
        ringing
        > > the
        > > coastguard to fish me out.
        > >

        > Amen! We have prevailing Westerly winds on an East coast :-(
        >

        > Iain
      • Neil Harper
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 6, 2004
          Try looking at a german site http://www.stehsegelrevue.com/ they seem to
          have links to most kite/windsurf hot spots also try www.kitebeaches.com

          Thanks for your input....just to confirm I have already done a week
          in Fuerte with Extreme Hols and it was great (especially the
          safety...). I do need more time on the water now plus also some
          sun...(though as luck goes Sept here in east anglia is looking
          good!!!)but i have to consider my parner who wants to spend all day
          sun bathing....am not too worried about cost just want the best
          place...have looked at egypt over the weekend but it is packed
          (flight wise) so will have to give a miss there this time.Just
          looking at other recommendations?

          Cheers

          Gavin

          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Iain Wood <d.i.wood@n...> wrote:

          > On 4 Sep 2004, at 22:05, Paul (Not an Idiot) Mallett wrote:
          >
          > > Did you read the original question?
          >
          > Not well enough.
          >
          > > He's already been on at least one course
          > > of a week (in Fuerte) after which he should have had safety
          drummed
          > > into
          > > him. What he probably needs most of is more water time but
          obviously
          > > he's
          > > got to be careful about wind direction without safety cover....
          >
          > Point taken. I apologise to you Paul. I'm maybe a bit too twitchy
          on
          > safety issues..
          >
          > > Probably
          > > better off heading down to his local beach and chatting to a few
          of the
          > > regulars and then buying some kit rather than shelling out £300+
          for
          > > another course
          >
          > Talking to the locals sounds like a great idea. There are things
          that a
          > school somewhere else cant teach.
          >
          > > . And no, I DONT need more lessons - I DO need more time on the
          water
          > > somewhere uncrowded with winds that dont mean someone end up
          ringing
          > > the
          > > coastguard to fish me out.
          > >

          > Amen! We have prevailing Westerly winds on an East coast :-(
          >

          > Iain

          http://www.KiteHIGH.com
          ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
          ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)