Re: [ksurf] Best School

  • Paul Mallett
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 4, 2004
      Did you read the original question? He's already been on at least one course
      of a week (in Fuerte) after which he should have had safety drummed into
      him. What he probably needs most of is more water time but obviously he's
      got to be careful about wind direction without safety cover.... Probably
      better off heading down to his local beach and chatting to a few of the
      regulars and then buying some kit rather than shelling out £300+ for another
      course. And no, I DONT need more lessons - I DO need more time on the water
      somewhere uncrowded with winds that dont mean someone end up ringing the
      coastguard to fish me out.

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 5, 2004
        On 4 Sep 2004, at 22:05, Paul (Not an Idiot) Mallett wrote:

        > Did you read the original question?

        Not well enough.

        > He's already been on at least one course
        > of a week (in Fuerte) after which he should have had safety drummed
        > into
        > him. What he probably needs most of is more water time but obviously
        > he's
        > got to be careful about wind direction without safety cover....

        Point taken. I apologise to you Paul. I'm maybe a bit too twitchy on
        safety issues..

        > Probably
        > better off heading down to his local beach and chatting to a few of the
        > regulars and then buying some kit rather than shelling out £300+ for
        > another course

        Talking to the locals sounds like a great idea. There are things that a
        school somewhere else cant teach.

        > . And no, I DONT need more lessons - I DO need more time on the water
        > somewhere uncrowded with winds that dont mean someone end up ringing
        > the
        > coastguard to fish me out.

        Amen! We have prevailing Westerly winds on an East coast :-(

        Iain
      • GS
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 6, 2004
          Guys,
          Thanks for your input....just to confirm I have already done a week
          in Fuerte with Extreme Hols and it was great (especially the
          safety...). I do need more time on the water now plus also some
          sun...(though as luck goes Sept here in east anglia is looking
          good!!!)but i have to consider my parner who wants to spend all day
          sun bathing....am not too worried about cost just want the best
          place...have looked at egypt over the weekend but it is packed
          (flight wise) so will have to give a miss there this time.Just
          looking at other recommendations?

          Cheers

          Gavin

          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Iain Wood <d.i.wood@n...> wrote:

          > On 4 Sep 2004, at 22:05, Paul (Not an Idiot) Mallett wrote:
          >
          > > Did you read the original question?
          >
          > Not well enough.
          >
          > > He's already been on at least one course
          > > of a week (in Fuerte) after which he should have had safety
          drummed
          > > into
          > > him. What he probably needs most of is more water time but
          obviously
          > > he's
          > > got to be careful about wind direction without safety cover....
          >
          > Point taken. I apologise to you Paul. I'm maybe a bit too twitchy
          on
          > safety issues..
          >
          > > Probably
          > > better off heading down to his local beach and chatting to a few
          of the
          > > regulars and then buying some kit rather than shelling out £300+
          for
          > > another course
          >
          > Talking to the locals sounds like a great idea. There are things
          that a
          > school somewhere else cant teach.
          >
          > > . And no, I DONT need more lessons - I DO need more time on the
          water
          > > somewhere uncrowded with winds that dont mean someone end up
          ringing
          > > the
          > > coastguard to fish me out.
          > >

          > Amen! We have prevailing Westerly winds on an East coast :-(
          >

          > Iain
        • Neil Harper
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 6, 2004
            Try looking at a german site http://www.stehsegelrevue.com/ they seem to