RE: [ksurf] Best School

  • Neil Harper
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 4 7:35 AM
      "Who needs lessons when the worse that can happen is that you
      get blown back into shore!"

      I thought the same, the worst that can happen is you kill an innocent
      bystander and or yourself getting dragged onshore out of control!

      The lesson comment was probably fair :-)

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 4 2:05 PM
        Did you read the original question? He's already been on at least one course
        of a week (in Fuerte) after which he should have had safety drummed into
        him. What he probably needs most of is more water time but obviously he's
        got to be careful about wind direction without safety cover.... Probably
        better off heading down to his local beach and chatting to a few of the
        regulars and then buying some kit rather than shelling out £300+ for another
        course. And no, I DONT need more lessons - I DO need more time on the water
        somewhere uncrowded with winds that dont mean someone end up ringing the
        coastguard to fish me out.

        > On 3 Sep 2004, at 21:27, Paul (idiot) Mallett wrote:
        > > Who needs lessons when the worse that can happen is that you
        > > get blown back into shore!
        > >

        > Sounds like you do mate.
        >
        > Iain

        > http://www.KiteHIGH.com
        > ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA or
        > ph: 1 808 637 KITE (5483)
        > Em: support@...

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > ---
        > [This E-mail has been scanned for viruses but it is your responsibility
        > to maintain up to date anti virus software on the device that you are
        > currently using to read this email. ]

      • Iain Wood
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 5 12:53 PM
          On 4 Sep 2004, at 22:05, Paul (Not an Idiot) Mallett wrote:

          > Did you read the original question?

          Not well enough.

          > He's already been on at least one course
          > of a week (in Fuerte) after which he should have had safety drummed
          > into
          > him. What he probably needs most of is more water time but obviously
          > he's
          > got to be careful about wind direction without safety cover....

          Point taken. I apologise to you Paul. I'm maybe a bit too twitchy on
          safety issues..

          > Probably
          > better off heading down to his local beach and chatting to a few of the
          > regulars and then buying some kit rather than shelling out £300+ for
          > another course

          Talking to the locals sounds like a great idea. There are things that a
          school somewhere else cant teach.

          > . And no, I DONT need more lessons - I DO need more time on the water
          > somewhere uncrowded with winds that dont mean someone end up ringing
          > the
          > coastguard to fish me out.

          Amen! We have prevailing Westerly winds on an East coast :-(

          Iain
        • GS
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 6 3:19 AM
            Guys,
            Thanks for your input....just to confirm I have already done a week
            in Fuerte with Extreme Hols and it was great (especially the
            safety...). I do need more time on the water now plus also some
            sun...(though as luck goes Sept here in east anglia is looking
            good!!!)but i have to consider my parner who wants to spend all day
            sun bathing....am not too worried about cost just want the best
            place...have looked at egypt over the weekend but it is packed
            (flight wise) so will have to give a miss there this time.Just
            looking at other recommendations?

            Cheers

            Gavin

            --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Iain Wood <d.i.wood@n...> wrote:

            > On 4 Sep 2004, at 22:05, Paul (Not an Idiot) Mallett wrote:
            >
            > > Did you read the original question?
            >
            > Not well enough.
            >
            > > He's already been on at least one course
            > > of a week (in Fuerte) after which he should have had safety
            drummed
            > > into
            > > him. What he probably needs most of is more water time but
            obviously
            > > he's
            > > got to be careful about wind direction without safety cover....
            >
            > Point taken. I apologise to you Paul. I'm maybe a bit too twitchy
            on
            > safety issues..
            >
            > > Probably
            > > better off heading down to his local beach and chatting to a few
            of the
            > > regulars and then buying some kit rather than shelling out £300+
            for
            > > another course
            >
            > Talking to the locals sounds like a great idea. There are things
            that a
            > school somewhere else cant teach.
            >
            > > . And no, I DONT need more lessons - I DO need more time on the
            water
            > > somewhere uncrowded with winds that dont mean someone end up
            ringing
            > > the
            > > coastguard to fish me out.
            > >

            > Amen! We have prevailing Westerly winds on an East coast :-(
            >

            > Iain
          • Neil Harper
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 6 6:17 AM
              Try looking at a german site http://www.stehsegelrevue.com/ they seem to