Re: Board surface

  • hungvuatnetcomdotca
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28, 2004
      I only approximate the area of my boards by simply multiplying the
      board length by width (max width I think). Since most kiteboard sides
      are pretty straight this approximation is not that bad until we can
      get the TRUE surface area from the board manufacturers.

      Using the same approximation, your 2 boards are 4514 cm2 and 5246 cm2.

      My favorite boards are actually approximated at 4370 cm2 and 7267 cm2.

      I am around 60 kg. based on the board surface formula, if I had your
      weigh, my favorite board would be around 4885 cm2 (or 122 x 39 cm);
      however, my light wind board would be 8134 cm2 (much bigger than yours
      - this may explain why I can go out in much lighter wind)

      P.S. When I can go out with a 16.6 m2 kite and a 7267 cm2 board,
      another kiter weights 75 kg should be on a 24.9 m2 kite and a 8134 cm2
      board (179 x 45.4) ... This may explain why I can go out in much
      lighter wind and the others can't ...

      Hung.