Re: line length and jumping?

  • woodman_k
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27 3:41 PM
      Still waiting for some friggin wind. One thing about the 45m lines
      is you get a huge window which makes a toeside turn or any
      transition really easy to come out powered in no wind. I would say
      in a safe launch it might be a good thing for beginners as the power
      is so smooth. That probably goes against all the safety concerns
      though...

      I will try a moderate line increase next time to 35m or so.

      Cheers
      Stan
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, skim_64 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > --- That sounds like it could be a lot of fun to ride on some 45
      > meter lines! LOL. Let me know if you get the hang of jumping and
      > getting some pop on those lengths.
    • hungvuatnetcomdotca
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27 7:35 PM
        Stan,

        I used to be able to jump 5 to 10' with a XXXL and 45 m line in around
        10 - 11 knots.

        I also jumped very high with a 5m Jojo Rage and 40 m line in stronger
        wind.

        Hung.